Helium prices ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We just got contract pricing with our local supplier at $300 p/ 300 cf. So, a buck a cubic foot.

We had been paying $200, and then our rate spiked to $550, and now we're hopefully settled in at $300 for at least the next year. Apparently, retail is still $550.

Yeesh.

No issue with supply here in Australia, always availabe when needed from gas supliers. Looks like the prices around the world are approching what we have been paying for years $500AUD for a 50L cylinder (commercial grade) HP and UHP well over $1000

balloon grade now at 168$ for 244 cu ft. last year 95$ for 244 cu ft.

DRIS is now charging $3/cft. Yikes! I’m looking at a bit under $100 just for He for a 20% He fill on my HP80 doubles once I’ve got my Helitrox cert next summer.

balloon grade now at 168$ for 244 cu ft. last year 95$ for 244 cu ft.
The navy just shipped me 3 pallets of balloon grade, 16 cylinders per pallet. I have no idea what they are doing with it, something nefarious no doubt. Sketchy bunch, the Navy.

I recently paid $2.30 CDN a cf for helium, but I suspect that it was "old stock" as the shop I bought it from doesn't sell a lot of helium. I thought it was pretty expensive at the time, but after reading this thread, I now feel like I got a great deal.

Still cheaper than a booster and a ccr. At least for a few months

Locally it is going for $172/100cf. Fortunately I can get it wholesale. My suppliers are on allotment of 80% of last years demand. So they have cut off a lot of the ballon/party suppliers.

Are you guys not concerned about breathing "balloon grade" Helium specially at depth?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom