Russian drifted for two days in 8°C/46°F degree waters - Sea of Japan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder if we could get by without saying ''Russian'' like it's a four letter word...I am sure we can get by without the other slurs...like ''potato vodka''...

He's a diver like the rest of us...and after this harrowing experience...I think he's a better diver than a lot of us...he equipped himself to ''survive''...and survive alone...Kudos...

W.W...

Totes. If report is accurate then surviving in 8C for two days is hardy - to say the least.

Russians are often hard dudes and used to diving cold and dark.

Kudos for sure.

Vodka did not helps, as antifreeze.
It helps to warming up faster, when you came BACK to the hot room, but not at the opened cold air.
It helps only for short time, and than you loosing heat much faster.
Much helpfull is chocolate or salo .

We suspect, that Pavel had dive with Zero (Japanese dry suit manufacturer). It is most popular drysuit for commercial dives for FarEast region.
On his photo he`s weared in CDX model

P.S. Yes! Zero, but different model Держался на плаву, думая о семье: дайвер из Приморья два дня провел в открытом море
Zero O2 Pro2 model
Looks like a suit from Pacific Rim :)
Really cool design

legend3.png

laser7.png

Looking like superheros!

here we call this suits Glazed.
It is neoprene, neoprene foam, and glazed by rubber outside.
So, they are still dry suits, but with neoprene inside instead of the thermal suits we wear over her?

Looking like superheros!
She does it better. I hate all of the black gear, suits, and bags in scuba, and I have always thought I was man enough to wear pink - but I don't think I could pull that one off.

So, they are still dry suits, but with neoprene inside instead of the thermal suits we wear over her?
yes. same, as neoprene dry suits, not from so-called "crashed" neopene, but from normal, foamed.
And one interesting thing: this suits do not use zipper. (more correct - dry zipper. it has normal zipper for the pocket for sealing tube)
here you can see it in details:

She does it better. I hate all of the black gear, suits, and bags in scuba, and I have always thought I was man enough to wear pink - but I don't think I could pull that one off.

She does it better, I suppose but the male suit design makes the male model look like he's got a pair too. Lol

They look really nice but I suppose that’s a bit overkill to have all this neoprene to dive UK South coast waters :)

yes. same, as neoprene dry suits, not from so-called "crashed" neopene, but from normal, foamed.
And one interesting thing: this suits do not use zipper. (more correct - dry zipper. it has normal zipper for the pocket for sealing tube)
here you can see it in details:

I don't get it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom