Jacksonville area diving around Dec. 11-13

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darcimus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Can't find the last thread I posted about this area, but who knows stuff might have changed.

Definitely going to be in Jacksonville from Dec. 5 to 10 for work. No chance for dives on those days as the work is going to be pretty hectic. After that, though, I'd like to stick around and get some bubble blowing in. I think I remember from the last post that the ocean sucks this time of year, and I think someone told me to try some of the caverns in the area. What is there within say a 2-hour drive from Jacksonville? A diving coworker will be coming along, but I'm not sure if she's staying the extra days so I may not have a buddy lined up.

Blue Grotto is little under two hours from Jacksonville.

Ginny springs. Went there in June from Jacksonville and was great. It’s about an hour and a half away.

Finding a dive in Jacksonville is near impossible. You’ll definitely have to go to west to the springs if you’re serious about getting in a dive.

Ginnie and Blue Grotto are the best places for OW divers. Ginnie is ~$30 and is a nice dive (55ft) for first time cavern divers. Blue Grotto is $47 and is deeper (100ft) and bigger. You’ll need a dive light, especially at BG.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom