Deep6 Wetsuit Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm so close to buying one just not sure about the fit I'm 6ft 195
Get the large and don't put on any weight. I dove it at 6'2" and 192 and it was fine.

Get the large and don't put on any weight. I dove it at 6'2" and 192 and it was fine.
I was worried about the legs being too long but I normally dive a shorty so not used to having a full leg

Terrapin wetsuits does alterations. Add a relief zipper while you are at it because deep6 wetsuits really minimize water intrusion and flushing. They are awesome wetsuits.
Terrapin Wetsuits

Brilliant! Thanks. And I remember you mentioning the relief zipper.

Does anyone know a tailor with experience shortening wetsuit arms/legs by two inches?

At this price I will just buy one and worry about tailoring later.

Sizing is the only reason I didn't immediately buy a Deep6 wetsuit when they were introduced, and while there have been mentions in a few threads of people cutting off a couple of inches themselves, I am not about to subject such a well made wetsuit to my home tailoring. Bare's wetsuits in size Medium-Large-Short fit me perfectly. And go figure, but for the "height" measurement my measurements are somewhere between a Deep6 Medium and Large.

I ended up getting the large. I had plans to cut an inch off the legs and an inch or so off the arms...

I found I like the extra length... I hunch it up a bit at the knee... makes frog kicking a breeze. For the arms, hunch up a bit at the elbow... never even notice.

TWO inches is a lot, as these taper... and you may lose the fit. But it you're within an inch or so... don't give it a second thought. Its a wetsuit, not a Tuxedo. :)

- K

Do you think there is any way a woman of 5 ft 2 could wear a small in these wetsuits? The other measurements work.

Ordered mine. Really excited as this is my first one. Checks all the boxes for me too. Can’t wait to get it wet. Quick question. If I’m currently using 12lbs now with a rash guard how much would I expect to add for the 3mm

Ordered mine. Really excited as this is my first one. Checks all the boxes for me too. Can’t wait to get it wet. Quick question. If I’m currently using 12lbs now with a rash guard how much would I expect to add for the 3mm
Maybe 2 pounds? For me the difference between rash guard and 3 mm isn’t much. It’ll be most noticeable the first 5 or so dives, until the neoprene gets crushed a bit.

more than 2 pounds. You should test it.

One thing I forgot to mention is I was using 12lbs with a jacket style bcd before. Now I’m going to be running a bp\w. Steel plate with 2# usable weight

One thing I forgot to mention is I was using 12lbs with a jacket style bcd before. Now I’m going to be running a bp\w. Steel plate with 2# usable weight

I would take any response other than "do a weight check at your earliest convenience" with a grain of salt.

That being said: a typical steel backplate is 5-6 pounds negative, so your 12lb ballast might go down to say 7lbs. Adding a 3mm wetsuit might add, say, ~3 pounds. If everything else about your setup is the same (especially the tank), then I'd say start with 10lbs, and do a weight check. You should have no trouble sinking from the surface with an empty BC and empty lungs, and no trouble holding a stop with a near-empty tank in the 10-20' range.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom