Entangled Loose SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always have my console secured close to my body--except when someone took a picture of me right after doing coral restoration! This sounds like a pattern. I know it wasn't dangling while I was working. I haven't seen many giant clams at Cozumel but maybe there's a hungry nurse shark hiding under one of the platforms.

Deploy lift bag, clam chowder for lunch.

The only thing I hate more than hoses is having to make any effort to check something during a dive. Wireless AI on the wrist in my line of sight and to hell with the piddly failure possibility.

That SPG is really light, especially in the water. That retractable clip would pretty much hold the SPG on my chest. I have tested it on about 40 dives.

What data do you have to determine that is a POS spring-loaded REAL ENTANGLMENT hazard?
Wasn't there a thread about these called reels of death.

Just kidding

I have a collection of single hose regulators that are stil single hose regulators. When I dive the Clackamas River in high current, I sometimes dive "slick," with nothing hanging off me. I experiment in underwater swimming techniques with no SPG or inflators hose. Nothing to get tangled. I sometimes use a J-valve, and sometimes use my Scubair regulator with the positive reserve from the 1960s. It seems that all this talk of automation and wireless systems is simply getting us back to where we began. Did you know that Cousteau and Gagnan's original patent for the Aqualung talked about not needing external gauges to monitor visually? He felt that could be a hazard (external gauges) in zero visibility, I think.

SeaRat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom