Cozumel makes "No" List for 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's hard to believe that stopping peeing in the ocean is the cure. I would imagine that nitrates, ammonia, and pH are much more affected by other sources, like run off from the land.

So peeing in the oceans is the cause of Global warming afterall!

Found this on a science news website. Looks like they found the cause of the blight. The article said that divers should “avoid peeing in the water in heavily touristed reef areas. When you pee in the water, and everyone else does too, it increases the amount of nitrates and ammonia, affecting pH levels near you, and could make corals more susceptible to disease. Don’t pee in the water.”

I guess Cozumel qualifies as a “touristed” area. Maybe they could put up signs saying “We don’t swim in your toilet; please don’t pee in our ocean.”
Somebody needs to tell that to the fish. ;D

Found this on a science news website. Looks like they found the cause of the blight. The article said that divers should “avoid peeing in the water in heavily touristed reef areas. When you pee in the water, and everyone else does too, it increases the amount of nitrates and ammonia, affecting pH levels near you, and could make corals more susceptible to disease. Don’t pee in the water.”

I guess Cozumel qualifies as a “touristed” area. Maybe they could put up signs saying “We don’t swim in your toilet; please don’t pee in our ocean.”
Damn, I am probably personally responsible for the destruction of the reefs in Cozumel and global warming with how much I pee in the ocean. I guess I will have to stop drinking a couple of gallons of water a day while I am diving!

Did that science news website also support the flat earth theory? Good Lord there are some lunatics out there. Back in the day before social media one had to have some sort of a clue to be quoted or their views to be published but these days every lunatic with an internet connection is free to post whatever they want. I'm not against it, it's freedom of speech but I've also never paid much attention to the nuts holding cardboard signs claiming judgement day was coming over the years either.

Yes, I was only taking those that are established customers forced onto a family cruise or if there were 4 or more so I could put them on their own boat, but not even willing to do that anymore. 9 times out of 10 they are problematic and they wreak havoc on the schedule as well. And final reason is that as I said, I don't want to engage in any activity that promotes or supports the cruise ships or the assengers that support them - cruise ships have created devastation on many levels to the island

You used the term "assengers"....Freudian slip ? :wink:

So suddenly, after all these years/decades of diving the ''Pee Percentage' (PP aka 'pee-pee') of the waters suddenly spiked sky high and wiped out the corals....man, that's Brilliant! :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom