Perdix, Deco plan (real time)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

npole

Contributor
Reaction score
So.. I can't find a way to read the deco plan: I have the first deco stop (current ceiling), I have the TTS (so a general idea of how long the whole deco will be...) but no information of where (depth) it'll be the next stop and for how long.
On my Ratio I can push a button and see all the stops in one screen (like 1 minute at 18m.. 2 minutes at 9m.. 1 minutes at 6m.. 10 minutes at 3m.. clear; and it's updated in real time), is there a way to do a similar thing with the Perdix?

I only ever go to that screen when teaching (on land) and I want to compare and contrast the various methods of planning - tables vs MultiDeco vs simple computers vs less simple computers. For an actual ascent I am only really concerned with the ceiling and TTS.

Other than being bored on an earlier stop and wanting something to look at, what makes you want to know these details?

I gotta say, Shearwater’s TTS feature changed my outlook on executing a dive plan.

For the foreseeable future I think I’ll continue to use a main plan with four contingency plans all derived from V-Planner and transcribed to a wrist slate along with a BT.

But man, oh, man....the Shearwater planner and TTS make it a challenge to still regard my slate as the primary and my computer as a back up. I think as long as I don’t abuse the TTS feature and blow past the contingency plans on my slate, it’s a great back up that will keep me from getting hit.

I don’t think I’ll get another Perdix anytime soon but I wouldn’t be opposed to a primary and backup Perdix and skipping the slate all together.

Plus, going double Perdix will allow me to get in touch with my inner Wonder Woman with the double wristband look.

....but no information of where (depth) it'll be the next stop and for how long.

Unless you’re doing some really deep dives, your stops are going to be at the usual 21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6 and 3m mark. Don’t you usually make a mental note of where your long stops are during planning and simply understand the others are a few minutes or less?

Those shrinky-dink stops are the ones where I see how fast I can say, “ How much would a whip coral whip coral if a whip coral could whip coral?”

Oh, time for the next stop.

Yes. Dive Planner under Dive Setup which can be accessed during the dive

Thanks, I didn't know. I believed that page were used only to plan a dive but didn't contained any real time data... so it also contain the updated current dive (without setting up anything there)?

Other than being bored on an earlier stop and wanting something to look at, what makes you want to know these details?

Knowing in advance what I'm gonna do in details. I can plan a dive in advance, but the real time calculation is a different matter.
I'm that matter of person who *must* know the how to enter in the parking of hotel before actually reaching the hotel, even if that not gonna change (almost anything) because I likely find the indications there. I like to have my brain free of thinking unpredictable scenarios rather that figuring out what to do, when I can know these details in advance (sorry for the long explanation... :) ).

Unless you’re doing some really deep dives, your stops are going to be at the usual 21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6 and 3m mark. Don’t you usually make a mental note of where your long stops are during planning and simply understand the others are a few minutes or less?

Those shrinky-dink stops are the ones where I see how fast I can say, “ How much would a whip coral whip coral if a whip coral could whip coral?”

Oh, time for the next stop.

There's no space for sub-optimal solution for me, if it's a matter of software (so fixable) i pretend the perfection, or at least something better than "..but it's just few minutes".
However it looks like, by reading the other post, that the Perdix is capable of listing all the stops by accessing the dive planner page (few buttons away.. but that could be fixable in a future update), i'll try in my next dive.

I have this function on an OSTC4 but, other than out of downright boredom, I've never felt the urge to look at it. I certainly haven't missed it on my Shearwaters - Petrel & NERD2. I didn't even know it existed until I saw the reply above.

@npole. Perdix Dive Planner on the surface allows you to calculate what NDL would be based on SIT, average depth and time for next dive. And, a deco schedule based on that input from the user. Once you start the dive it will give you acutal on-the-fly info on what actual stop schedule is as the dive progresses. Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom