Old dog learning new tricks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Too easy

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all, thank you for letting me apart of this community. I am extremely wet behind the ears and look forward to learning and growing in my diving experience. Quick question, I’m a big guy and dive in rough currents, what would be a good fun to purchase? Currently using a split fin. Thanks again in advance!

You will find here a general consensus, split fins suck.

Fins is as very personal choice the important thing is your body type and what works best for you.

Mares Quattro are a good standard fin choice. For a more technical style try the deep 6 eddy fins.

Take a DPV course!

Hello all, thank you for letting me apart of this community. I am extremely wet behind the ears and look forward to learning and growing in my diving experience. Quick question, I’m a big guy and dive in rough currents, what would be a good fun to purchase? Currently using a split fin. Thanks again in advance!

A long fin might be a good choice for you. "freedive" fins are very efficient and smooth in the water. They generally have a full fin pocket which means you can wear some type of neoprene or fabric sock, but not a heavy dive boot. An efficient and powerful fin is what you want for currents.

We offer a wide variety of fin types and our size range can accommodate almost everyone. We are always happy to answer your questions.

Thanks
Dano

http://www.makospearguns.com/Fins-s/68.htm

I used the Mares Quattros for a long time and I liked them. I now use the DIve Rite monoprene fins with the spring straps, also a very good fin. They are a bit dear though.

Have to agree that above is good advice. I love my split fins for cramping, but try to avoid any more than a slight current.

I had split fins until I went to Saba.... enough of that.
I also use a Mares open heel Quattro fin with spring straps.

I prefer yellow due to better visibility.

Back
Top Bottom