Scubapro MK7 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perryed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anybody out there know if you have to have the honker underwater in order for it to honk? It just doesn`t honk. I had it on a tank and tried it at 500 and breathed it down to 200 and no honk. I did not have it in water though. So...….does anybody out there know if that is necessary or if there is something I can do to get my honker honking. Thanks in advance!

No. You don't have to have it in water.
But stand by.
I'm close to posting a thread on how to restore the Honker, with lots of pics and oring recommendations.

I have one I need to rebuild, too.... So I will be waiting on @rsingler to show the way!
This place is an unreal source of knowledge.
Respectfully
James

No. You don't have to have it in water.
But stand by.
I'm close to posting a thread on how to restore the Honker, with lots of pics and o-ring recommendations.
I used VDH`s rebuild kit and followed the very shaky video he tagged with it, so all o-rings are good and IP is locked at 130 give or take a few. So like James79. I anxiously await your posting.

I figure if I get mine working right, then if one of the kids ever goes low on air due to complacency it will make a great corrective punishment! Audio warning, and a heavy as hell!

Eric uses 2 pounds with a neutral bpw (cutting board mk2) and an old school 72... Throw in the mk7 and he might get rid if lead altogether!

I tend to be leg heavy in tropical trim to the point I've used 1.5# leg weight on the top of the tank. MK7 might do the trick instead.

As a teaser (sorry!), I've put the first couple of posts for the restoration thread in the Repairing Your Own Gear forum here:
How to Restore a Scubapro Mark VII Honker

It's a work in progress, but I wanted you to at least see that I'm getting close...

To answer @Perryed , yes! The Mk VII honks out of water. It's even worse underwater, lol!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom