Murph has passed - RIP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He was a real good guy. I remember him from my first trip to Buddy over 20 years ago. Quite a character! He will be sorely missed. RIP Murphy!

So sad to hear. I know he had some health issues the last few years. We did many wonderful dives together visiting his "special friends." I hope they'll name a dive site after him in his honor & memory.
WHL_2819.JPG

So sad to hear this. I met him almost 20 years ago as well. A reef in his honor would be nice.

Saddened by the news. I immediately remembered that name. We met him in 1997 when the wife and I were on our honeymoon.....

I remember diving with him on the hilma hooker a lot of years ago

My family and I have dived with Murphyn for over 20 years. He was a fixture at Buddy Dive shop and at the bar after work.
Murph was fluent in at least 5 languages and was a kind and gentle DM. He had an uncanny ability to spot seahorses, frogfish and other critters and to be able to show them to the dive group while still protecting the reef and the animals. He had a sense of wonder and love for the sea that was infectious. I last dived with Murph a year ago when he was no longer leading dives but just heading out to the house reef on his own late in an afternoon. He waved me over to come with and we had a slow shallow delightful dive together. I'm glad to have that memory of him.

So young to have passed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom