Cayman Brac, what to see/do and what to pass on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be on Brac in 31 days!!!!!

Very excited, thanks for all of the info, especially @KathyV

I did the 3 tank a day Nitrox package, so I already know I won't have time for much exploring.

I am not a big fan of how the diving is handled at CBBR or at LCBR (personal preference) but I have stayed at both and they are top notch.

You will enjoy CBBR.

@KathyV You're one of favorite people in the world. I may not know you but I always feel respected when you respond. Thanks.

I believe we are staying CBBR but then again nothing has been finalized
I enjoyed riding the bikes they have at CBBR, it was a great way to see some of the island

I enjoyed riding the bikes they have at CBBR, it was a great way to see some of the island

There's no charge to use the loaner bikes at the CBBR but if you are serious about biking there is a new bike shop on CB, see: Bike shop to open on Brac | Cayman Compass

The first time we borrowed a bike from the resort (just to peddle around a bit) I re-learned some very important lessons about enjoying the outdoors in the tropics - put on sunscreen, wear a hat, and bring a big bottle of water with you!

And if you decide to bike over to the small grocery/liquor stores that you see on the way from the airport, remember that all the stores are closed on Sundays - another lesson we learned the hard way!

Headed for warmer weather in April.

The recommendations from this forum helped me have a wonderful trip in Grand Cayman and now I'm back again asking for what I should see/do and what things aren't worth the time on the BRAC.

I understand that the BRAC is mainly for diving but you have to do something on the surface.

Thanks in advance

CBA

I did the 3 tank a day Nitrox package, so I already know I won't have time for much exploring.

Thanks, I really hope that you have good weather and a great trip!

I think that this would be a good time to re-post the link for the "Cayman Went" movie online. It is a sweet (but a bit corny) little film that was made on Brac and includes lots of images both above and below water. I tend to watch it when I am looking forward to visiting Cayman.

https://vimeo.com/104722556

Note that the film was made in 2009 and the Tibbett's wreck (Russian Frigate) was intact back then, but that all changed after Hurricane Ivan in 2013.

Well you might have a few hours on your last day and to be honest, that is all you need for a quick tour of the island. I would be interested in a trip report when you get back as it is always educational to see a place thru another’s eyes. Also don’t forget to buy a chip. :) Have fun and safe diving.

Your trip has finally arrived! I hope that you have good weather and great diving! Happy New Year!

Your trip has finally arrived! I hope that you have good weather and great diving! Happy New Year!

He should have great weather at least until Thursday

Have a great time and Safe diving

Returned last night-

What a great week, wonderful weather, diving and people.

Will post a trip report separately!

Christmas week was great, locals came by the resort so many times since on the holidays it was the only restaurant open. Talking to the dive crew it sounded like New Years week was going to be nice and busy.

In addition to the diving, I did the high bluff rappel and hike with Rock Iguanas and had a great time. After we hiked out, while waiting for the van to come pick us up, we stopped at a neighborhood party and enjoyed some good fruit punch and conversation with the locals. We were even invited to a party the next night. I didn't go as I had a early start to the airport the next morning, but it was great experiencing the island hospitality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom