For Sale oxycheq small aluminum BP - blem $70

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It’s missing the lower cam band slots.
No big deal.
Locate where you want the slots.
Drill a 1/4” hole at each end of the slot locations.
Cut out the middle with a slim cutoff wheel on a 4-1/2” grinder.
Clean it up with a file.
Done.

About 30 mins worth of work.
Great deal.

i'm surprised they wouldn't just rework the plates to fix them.

i'm surprised they wouldn't just rework the plates to fix them.

Once they are bent, rework is a manual (and expensive) process. No automation. Even if they only took 15min each to hand drill, cut with grinder, and cleanup.. that's $10-$15 dollars in labor. If the shop is busy, that's actaully $20-$30 in opportunity cost. Probably 2x or 3x what it costs to just scrap/replace them.

the 2nd cam slot is somewhat optional though. the small ss plates normally only came with one.

If you can, wait until the end of next week if you need one with the lower CAM band slots. Things are in process to try to get the slots cut.

If you can, wait until the end of next week if you need one with the lower CAM band slots. Things are in process to try to get the slots cut.
You mean John is trying to get them cut? Same price?

You mean John is trying to get them cut? Same price?
Yes on the cutting. I don't know what the pricing will be. There may be a bit of a bump to cover the cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom