USIA Aqua Sport vs Seaskin Nova Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Ocean

Contributor
Reaction score
They're both similar-ish in price, which do you feel is the better purchase?

I'd go custom on the Aqua Sport since I'm 6'5 (Seaskin is custom by default)

Shorter wait time on the Aqua Sport but I'm ok with the longer wait if the Seaskin is a better suit.

I'm based in SoCal & do most of my diving around here.

Your thoughts?...

I have owned the Aqua Sport and it is not a tri-lam suit. It is bi-laminate. This means that they spray the water proof chemical on the inside of the fabric and forego the layer that sandwiches it. So chemical is exposed on the inside. Result is that it is a very paper-thin suit. Downside is that you have to wear only drysuit undergarments because if a rough surface scratches the chemical off from the inside, then you compromise the waterproofing. Some people have used it for a lot of dives and taken care of it but it is much less forgiving. It is a very baggy suit so it makes a good suit for your rental inventory but if you want a closer fit then this is not it.

I have not owned Seaskin but I have felt the suit that StuartV ordered. That looks to be more robust suit and their custom fitting is also better. If I was buying a suit out of those two it would be Seaskin.

I too was leaning more towards the Seaskin Nova.
Unfortunately they have a 4+ month wait time at the moment.... :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom