Komodo LOB in November ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm planning a big trip (at least for me) to celebrate a birthday milestone (dirt is younger than me). Raja Ampat and Komodo have been on my bucket list for quite a while. November is supposed to be a good time for Raja Ampat, but looking at LOB possibilities for Komodo in November, it seems 'most' of the boats have also moved to Raja Ampat too.

Is the diving is so crappy in Komodo that time of year, or the diving is so good in Raja Ampat, or something else?

I would recommend Raja Ampat.
It the start of better weather, less windy, in Raja Ampat. The diving in Komodo is year round, but I do prefer RA. I've been to RA 3 times and twice in Komodo.
Book your RA LOB early, good ones get booked up early, especially if you want specific dates.

Is the diving is so crappy in Komodo that time of year, or the diving is so good in Raja Ampat, or something else?
Not at all it's probably the best season for southern Komodo!!
It happens that Raja Ampat attracts more people and higher prices, so the liveaboards are chasing the money too.

I've enjoyed 4 Komodo trips in November. In general diving in the south improves then, and since the LOB playing the waters of Komodo and Raja Ampat there are less boats out there. And the topside temperature is a bit cooler then.

I went on a short liveaboard trip in Komodo last year in November--only five days and the diving was good. Great weather and warm water. We did dive the central and northern areas of Komodo and the boat was switching to the southern area the next week. This was on about November 20th when we ended our trip. This was on a budget live aboard--most of the "upscale" boats had already shifted to Raja.

I did a 6D LB with UberScuba end of last November to the south and had a great time. Great weather and vis on all sites. I would agree that late Nov is budget friendly time to enjoy Komodo. I did RA in Jan 18 and the weather and vis on sites was comparable with Komodo in Nov for me, UberScuba more of a budget option but excellent for the price(food/guides, etc)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom