Change metric to english on Mares Guardian dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Seahuntjerry - sent you a PM with a link to a manual online...

It's a PDF but was scanned without OCR so you can't search by keyword.

I'm looking now to see how to change the units.

Looks like the section on Settings (setup) discusses setting up the different units of measure (temp/depth)

@Seahuntjerry - sent you a PM with a link to a manual online...

It's a PDF but was scanned without OCR so you can't search by keyword.

I'm looking now to see how to change the units.

Looks like the section on Settings (setup) discusses setting up the different units of measure (temp/depth)
Send me the link and I'll OCR it to be searchable and post it.

thanks for the offer, @tursiops

I could scan and OCR it too.

@Seahuntjerry - would being able to search the PDF be helpful?

I Googled "Mares Guardian Manual" and all the top results were posts on SB from 10 years ago.

Do we not have a repository on the site that can be used for download (just curious).

Here's the link for anyone coming across this in the future:

http://web.archive.org/web/20040114...ecomputer.com/contentimage/Mares_guardian.pdf

The image quality of the scan is horrible but OK to read but is proving challenging to get a clean(ish) OCR'd rendering of the image based PDF.

I'm going to actually print it and then run it through a better OCR software on my Mac and see if I get better results.

As a side note, the recall was about the original version of the Guardian, the one with yellow buttons (see picture in the above link). After the recall Mares changed the buttons and the later versions are pretty bombproof except for the occasional AAA battery leak. Mine still works, had to change the battery contacts after I forgot it with the batteries in.
I keep it for back-up, being able to use AAA is extremely convenient as you can find those pretty much anywhere including on a boat :D

I am attaching a complete PDF version of the Mares Guardian User Manual (CDMac's version seems incomplete). On the Operating Instructions section, page 38, you'll find how to change units.

Attachments

• Mares Guardian manual eng.pdf
    7.2 MB · Views: 899
I believe your scan is the best available overall :)

There's another yellow leaflet (maybe only on later versions) which says in several languages NOT to use silicone grease on the red silicone o-ring of the battery door (for obvious reasons, as the silicone o-ring will be damaged by the silicone grease).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom