GoPro got my black friday money.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

84CJ7

Contributor
Reaction score
I looked around at all the sites for all my hobbies and on a whim hopped over to the GoPro site and the bundle they had on black friday discount was enough to finally make me jump on buying one (been considering it since the 5).
I had to pay full price for the dive housing and the anti fog inserts and there was tax but whatever.
So congrats GoPro, you got my whole black friday budget. I suppose I will play with it some before diving starts up again. I don't think a tropical trip is in the budget.
How reliable is this head strap for diving? I don't want to have to hold the damn thing for the whole dive and a wrist mount would have it looking everywhere I don't want it to while doing other stuff.

SanDisk Extreme® 32GB microSDHC™
Quantity: 1 $17.32
Head Strap + QuickClip
Quantity: 1 $13.85
Rechargeable Battery
Quantity: 1 $13.86
Shorty
Quantity: 1 $27.72
HERO8 Black
Quantity: 1 $277.24
Protective Housing
Quantity: 1 $49.99
Anti-Fog Inserts
Quantity: 1 $19.99
Subtotal $419.97
Shipping UPS 2 Day Free
Estimated Sales Tax $31.62
Total $451.59

Never needed the anti fog insert....about 60 hours of dive time on my GP.

What water temps? I can see bottom temps in the 50F and sometimes even in the 40F range on a day where you are warm in a swim suit at the surface.

What water temps? I can see bottom temps in the 50F and sometimes even in the 40F range on a day where you are warm in a swim suit at the surface.
Good question! I’m a warm water diver...all dives 77 or above...on avg, 81.

should have stuck to the housing and extra battery and gotten a tray or extendable stick. the samsung evo uSDHC are going for closer to 128gb for 20 bucks on amazon.

Great deal!!! Way better than my Gopro7 deal this past summer
I’ve heard shoulder placement is better than head for steady filming, but you can test out different styles.
You may need to get a computer upgrade to see the video, my Gopro3 was fine but my Gopro7 got hung up my old computer.
Doesn’t hurt getting video now, so you have the controls memorized before your dive.
Best of Luck to you.
Question: Do you have to take GoPro lens cap off to fit camera into dive housing? I did not care for that in the 7 version.

I hand hold mine attached to a dayglo floatie.

I didn't actually choose those accessories except for the dive housing and inserts which were normal price.
The deal was the GoPro 8 Black for $350 which is the lowest price for it yet as I understand it and everything else comes with it for free whether you wanted it or not. You couldn't actually select just the camera. For some reason they divided up the $350 kinda weird on the invoice instead of just listing it all as free.
Looks like the deal is still up actually.
If they had a cheaper alternate deal or let you choose accessories I would have done things a bit different.

Considered the floating handle but I figured I would have time to order one if that was the ideal way to go.

Back
Top Bottom