Retraction System - Hollis C45 LX Dual Wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galodoido

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just purchased this wing, and I believe I need to do something to make the retraction system work properly. Seems like I need to tighten the internal bungee to make it retract like it should when deflated.

Is it just about pulling the bungee and making it tighter and then tying it again? Or more complex than that?

I did some Google searching but nothing specific about this wing. I know I'll figure it out eventually but wanted to save some time in case anyone can provide any prompt help. Thanks!

Nah, I like the idea. If I find it unnecessary in the future I'll remove it.

I agree with removal. If you can't get it to work right now, do you really want to deal with an issue in the water?

+1 on the removal. On my Prism CCR I found that the retraction led to uneven inflate and messing with the lateral trim. I disconnected the retraction bungee and it's much better. Try it out, remove as needed.

Water pressure trumps elastical cord pressure...

+1 on the removal. On my Prism CCR I found that the retraction led to uneven inflate and messing with the lateral trim. I disconnected the retraction bungee and it's much better. Try it out, remove as needed.

Thanks for the info. And yeah I agree with you, if I find it to be inflating unevenly I'll definitely remove it. But back to my question so I can try it out, is it just about pulling the bungee cord and tying another knot to make it tighter?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom