Hello from London! Help me spend £1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paula Trounce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello!
I've been lurking on this board for a while now.
I'd love to ask for people's ideas on my next trip.
I have a budget of about £1000 and i want to go away for a week in January. I have my AOW and about 60 dives. I've recently bought a drysuit too so that should help open places up to me.
I've been on a liveaboard on The Great Barrier Reef and loved it, I also really like wreck diving and want to make that my next speciality (I already have Deep, Nitrox and Drysuit)
One big thing is i'll be traveling alone so i'd like some things to do when i'm not diving. I went to Malta recently and loved it, but found the down time a bit dull. Saying that Malta is no.1 at the moment as it would be a great place to do my wreck PADI.
Any advice would be lovely.
Thanks in Advance.
Paula

I would recommend Sinai region of the Red sea which boasts plenty of Corals, fish and some very famous wrecks but i dont know how much i would recommend it for a female traveling alone.

Have you considered Asia? Thailand, Philippines , Indonesia etc are all great places to dive & explore.

I would recommend Sinai region of the Red sea which boasts plenty of Corals, fish and some very famous wrecks but i dont know how much i would recommend it for a female traveling alone.

Have you considered Asia? Thailand, Philippines , Indonesia etc are all great places to dive & explore.
Asia is a bit out of my budget as the flights alone will take 3/4 of it.
There are some deals on Liveaboards in Egypt. That's a possibility. I've heard it can be very windy though, so rough seas?

Asia is a bit out of my budget as the flights alone will take 3/4 of it.
There are some deals on Liveaboards in Egypt. That's a possibility. I've heard it can be very windy though, so rough seas?

Depending on what time of year you go, 90% of the times ive been on the LoB it was pretty calm, during winter it can get rougher.

I would say around March the conditions start to get much better up until Late November

I'm going in January o_O

I'm going in January o_O
Then grab your dry-suit and a nice bathrobe to wear between dives because you will probably be chilly getting out of the water :D

That's why i was thinking Liveaboard. I can stay warm on the boat. Maybe!!

That's why i was thinking Liveaboard. I can stay warm on the boat. Maybe!!
The water is likely to be 23C though and the wind makes those Zodiac pickups chilly. It was fine in my drysuit, everyone else was shivering.

I think you're going to struggle to get anywhere really warm for a grand in January.

The water is likely to be 23C though and the wind makes those Zodiac pickups chilly. It was fine in my drysuit, everyone else was shivering.

I think you're going to struggle to get anywhere really warm for a grand in January.
I'm happy to take the drysuit! What's it like on the boat in the colder months?

This might work?
There's cheap flights to be had.
Emperor Elite

Back
Top Bottom