Drysuit too big ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't believe your dealer, he is trying to avoid sitting on an unsellable suit.
As long as he has not yet given you his firstborn son as surity, do nothing with the suit - especially don't get it wet and see a lawyer, file a civil lawsuit for the entire purchse price + what your waiting time is worth.
Forget ever doing a course with this guy, he'll pee on your car like the lying dog he is. There are plenty of honest instructors to do courses with.

Michael

PS Don't let anyone touch the suit untill you get all your money back.

I dont think that is the case because it is probably a problem with the manufacturing of the suit - he will just send it back to the company to have it redone.

I think its a bit too soon to bring out the lawyer card and file a lawsuit , its a lot of headaches that i would wish to avoid and i dont want to take things down an "ugly" path if im not forced to do so.

The suit will remain dry for now in storage until i can get the course taken with him at the end of this month - which is when he will also see it in person rather then on a Whatsapp picture.

Depending on what he says and what happens i can take it further from there. - i hope to never have to think about a lawyer but i dont rule out the option.

He also sent me pictures of his suit before and after diving , while it does seem loose for him as well and looks fine after the dive when it compresses mine does seem a lot looser , especially in the shoulders area .

Again - i give him the benefit of the doubt for now because maybe the picture with quite poor lighting does not illustrate the issue well enough , especially considering the black coloration .

I hope when he will see it in person he will understand the extent of the problem.

Side view with the suit -

jRzO8qO

Imgur

IMHO, and pictures are always hard to judge, there is too much suit in the inseam, so too much leg material (baggy). The balance might be okay, depending on the above mentioned "reach" test..

YMMV

IMHO, and pictures are always hard to judge, there is too much suit in the inseam, so too much leg material (baggy). The balance might be okay, depending on the above mentioned "reach" test..

YMMV
I did do a small test to see that i dont have any restrictions with the movement but i didint look at how much excess material is left while im doing it, i will definitely try that again once i get home.

I did do a small test to see that i dont have any restrictions with the movement but i didint look at how much excess material is left while im doing it, i will definitely try that again once i get home.
If the intent was to get a suit to use when you want to wear three sets of undergarments in 0deg (C) water, it looks great. If you want something functional that will keep air where you need it in the suit, it is inappropriately sized.

jRzO8qO

Imgur

jRzO8qO

Imgur

J...

Suit is far too big...attached is a photo of a DUI CF-200...this photo illustrates how a properly fitting telescoping waist dry-suit should fit...absolutely NO over-bulk...no overlapping creases anywhere...

This is the suit I wear...I'm currently diving with 117 cu ft HP steel doubles...no ballast...before I doubled the cylinders...12 pounds of ballast...

If you dive this suit...it will trap air that will not evacuate...your ballast load will be very high in order to get you neutral...and once submerged...you will be constantly filling and exhausting BCD/suit in order to stay neutral...and maintain your profile...

You've tried it on...that's as far as it should go...box it up...and send it back...and as well as notifying your purchasing dealer...make sure you send an e-mail and your photos to the manufacturer...

As an example...if your body size is a large/large-tall...that's the size your suit should be...if the suit is an XL...the suit is cut for someone as much as 50 pounds heavier than you...this is a common mistake when an L inseam is too short...and an XL is ordered to make-up the inseam length difference ...you end up with a suit large enough for you and two small elephants...it will rob you of your confidence...and you'll end up casting it aside very quickly...

W.W...

DUI 222.jpg

As an example...if your body size is a large/large-tall...that's the size your suit should be...if the suit is an XL...the suit is cut for someone as much as 50 pounds heavier than you...this is a common mistake when an L inseam is too short...and an XL is ordered to make-up the inseam length difference ...you end up with a suit large enough for you and two small elephants...

View attachment 553063

Im almost sure that is what happened, when i look at the order form he sent me it says suit size - XL .

I think i was too tall for the L option so an XL was ordered.

I had no idea how the measurements worked so i didint question him as he filled out the form.

Im pretty adamant on this and wont be persuaded so easily but i will have to wait until the end of the month when he returns from the US and is able to see me in person (although very annoying because the DC is 4 hours drive away)

Unfortunately Horst Dederichs as the owner of Scubaforce is the manufacturer and my experiences with Horst have been uniformly very bad.
Ahthough Horst can do a great job of selling sand to the Saudis, and refridgeraters to the Eskimos, I have learned the hard way to never believe a word he says, or anything he writes in an email. I've been told that the US Scubaforce operation is much better but you are dealing with Palamida Dive Center in Eilat which means they are dealing with Scubaforce Germany, aka Horst Dederichs..
File a lawsuit - NOW, if you eventually can come to an agreement with the importer who is trying to dump trash off on you, great, you can always drop your lawsuit. If you don't you'll probably be locked out because you waited too long.
Stop treating the suit importer/seller as a friend, he isn't, but he is now acting as if he was a used car dealer who sold a problem oil burner to an unsuspecting customer who is now understandably upset.

If you do nothing against the seller, don't complain when you finally understand you were taken advantage of and you lost - you were warned.

Michael

Im almost sure that is what happened, when i look at the order form he sent me it says suit size - XL .

I think i was too tall for the L option so an XL was ordered.

I had no idea how the measurements worked so i didint question him as he filled out the form.

Im pretty adamant on this and wont be persuaded so easily but i will have to wait until the end of the month when he returns from the US and is able to see me in person (although very annoying because the DC is 4 hours drive away)

J...

A large...is cut for person in the 180-200 pound range...an XL is cut for a person as heavy as 240-250 pounds...huge difference...

Although it's not doing you much good now...in the future...if the manufacturer does not offer sizes like L-T...large tall...look elsewhere...

Getting the ''right'' dry-suit...that fits properly...is one of the most difficult challenges we face as cold water divers...and it shouldn't be...

I shudder when I see divers...wearing monster doubles...jumping off the boat...in a heavily wrinkled dry-suit...wearing as much as 40 pounds of ballast...while I'm wearing a similar kit...my HP steel ''ladies 80's''...and using no ballast...I dove for years...diving HP steel doubles...80's/100's...with a dry-suit...I didn't own any ballast...

There is a time and place for ballast...using it to compensate for an ill fitting dry-suit is not that time or place...

I hope you can get it sorted out to your satisfaction...

Best...

Warren

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom