DEMA update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver's Supply is selling it for $349. It is said to run Buhlmann ZH-L16C with 3 levels of conservatism. Any idea if these are traditional Buhlmann GF presets or proprietary settings? I have sent Divers Supply an email, asking this question.

We learned that the Genesis Centauri runs 3 proprietary levels of conservatism. The Watoom Cyano runs 3 proprietary levels they call Great, Normal, and Poor, that are considerably more liberal than the Shearwater/Garmin GF presets.

I posted this question in the Apeks thread but perhaps this is a better place. What is the new Apeks wing/BC that is on display? I saw a picture of it on Facebook but no corresponding info...
They added the WTX D40T to the US selection. So, a smaller twin doughnut, previously smallest twin was D45. Shaped a little differently too.
upload_2019-12-2_17-21-3.png

How is no one excited for the new colors for the terric? Lol. Has to be the biggest news and bound to cause the biggest controversy on sb for 2020.

I was excited .... until I saw them o_O

Did anybody take a lool at the Seac Action/Action HR computer? Said to run Buhlmann ZH-L16C with 6 conservative levels based on GF levels.

Okay, I was waiting for a little more info before I added this new Aqualung product to this thread. And most of Scubaboard is not an audience to get all excited about a new jacket style BCD, so no great hurry there.

Coming soon is the Aqualung Omni BCD.
  • Modular just like the Outlaw and Rogue, same three sizes: S, M, L
  • Buy base unit then complete it and personalize with one of 6 color kits, (required),
  • MSRP complete is $749.
  • Jacket aircell is also in 3 sizes, no lift specs published yet.
  • Modularity will allow later converting from a jacket to a back inflate if/when an entry level diver changes their style and preference of diving, without buying a whole new BCD. (I don't have chapter and verse on that option yet, but I think you can just swap out the Omni bladder for a Rogue bladder. And maybe change the waist straps if you don't want to lose having pockets, or want the Molle straps etc. on the Rogue waist strap.)
upload_2019-12-7_14-25-12.png

Omni-Swivel now has the Omni-Swivel 2.
Before yesterday, I just couldn't recommend an O-S to my students because everything depended upon the adjustment of the hex screw on the back. The design always bothered me.

The Omni-Swivel 2 has moved that set screw to the side of the connecting bolt, and has created a land in the bolt that mandates that the bolt is set correctly. Together with Omni-Swivel's excellent engineering, and the addition of another sealing o-ring at the head of the connecting bolt, this swivel is now perfect!
I keep googling and can’t find the Omni-swivel 2 for sale anywhere. Has it been released yet?

I keep googling and can’t find the Omni-swivel 2 for sale anywhere. Has it been released yet?
It's weird. I called DGX, because their ad didn't mention it, but the rep I chatted with online checked and said that they've all been updated.
I won't know til my order arrives...

I guess Omni isn't making a big deal out of it, but it's huge news to me!

Ill try to upload a copy of what I picked up at DEMA

It's weird. I called DGX, because their ad didn't mention it, but the rep I chatted with online checked and said that they've all been updated.
I won't know til my order arrives...

I guess Omni isn't making a big deal out of it, but it's huge news to me!

Ill try to upload a copy of what I picked up at DEMA
Well, page 5 of the new Trident catalog is a full page devoted to the new OmniSwivel. I don't know whether they funded that space or not, but it sure looks like it.
  • New side interlocking feature make it impossible for the swivel to come apart.
  • O-Ring added to the main swivel screw keeps sediment out.
  • Existing swivels can be retrofitted.
There are 4 new versions of the OmniSwivel, and one part number for the retrofit kit. Looks like the kit cost will be almost half the cost of a new complete unit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom