Scubapro AIR1 Predive/Dive Switch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GJC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone have recommendations on how to remove the switch without breaking it? I know the service manual says to replace it because it breaks if removed.

I just serviced mine and have a slight leak that I narrowed down to the o ring under the switch.

Carefully pop the decal, and then you can address the way the switch components clip together (inside & outside halves). If you are really careful, you can save the decal, and bond it back in... or dive without it...

I have been wanting someone to make a sheet of those decals (thick foil).

Good luck!

Got it reassembled, hooked it up to a tank and inhalation effort seemed pretty good (just dry not in water yet).

However, with tank air off, I had a small inhalation leak that seemed to change slightly when the Dive/Predive switch was moved. I had replaced the o ring and it felt like the old parts for the switch snapped together pretty well. I spent some time thinking about this and then it suddenly dawned on me:

The Dive/Predive switch was leaking from the snap together connection. You have to have the sticker on that switch to make an airtight seal. With the sticker back on with a little Aquaseal, no leak.

Now to do some diving with it,

You probably have already solved your problem, but maybe you'd enjoy having this manual too.

SeaRat

Attachments

• SCUBAPRO AIR 1 MANUAL PLUS HDS INFO 1979-90.pdf
    9.7 MB · Views: 94
You probably have already solved your problem, but maybe you'd enjoy having this manual too.

SeaRat
I had the first 8 pages, but not the last 2.

Thank you!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom