Typhoon Kammuri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heavy winds and rain expected as it targets Camarines Norte

Emergency numbers as needed for anyone impacted by the typhoon below:

emergency.jpg

I have friends who are within the path of the eye potentially. Will update. Mudslides being the greatest hazard as it strengthens to Category 4.

Yes, it's heading for Mindoro with dangerous wind potentially. I don't know if Puerto Galera has dealt with one this strong in recent memory. I sent my friends on the ground instructions to avoid mountainous and hilly areas.

Mudslides being the greatest hazard with extremely heavy rain. Big wave action on the coasts where some resorts are located.Tide is expected to become extremely low. Exposing the reefs. I don't know what effect that will have on marine organisms. Probably not good.

FT:
NAIA to close 11 am to 11 pm Tuesday Dec 3.
Folks in Puerto Galera are hunkering down as it looks like it could be a direct hit. Still just Signal 2 at the moment there and in Manila.

Typhoon made landfall in Gubat with condition 3 winds. That gives it potential to strike Mindoro if it continues in a westward direction. Mindoro is extremely hilly. The potential for mudslides are extreme.

Friend on the ground in Mabitac Laguna showing heavy rain and strong wind. They are OK at the moment. Here is a video they sent me....

mabitactyphoon - Streamable

I will update Puerto Galera when my friend on the ground gives me the latest. Expecting 80-120 mph winds.

But this is some tree damage so far....

typhonmindoro.jpg

Reactions: FT
I'm presently in Calamba, Laguna about 40 miles south of Manila. Its about 11:40 am Tuesday. Winds woke me up at about 5:30 am--guessing they were around 90 to 95 mph with some rain but not heavy. Now winds have decreased to maybe 45 tp 50 mph but the rain has been steady and HEAVY for the last four hours. Everything is still working for now--electricity, internet etc. Hopefully this will have passed by this evening. Flying to Dumaguete Thursday afternoon for a week of diving in Dauin hoping for the best. This is much less nasty than the typhoon the day after Christmas a few years ago in Puerto Galera---that one tore the area up pretty good--no electricity for three days (we had a generator thankfully) and no boats running back to the mainland for a few days if you could get on one. Hope Puerto Galera is ok after this one passes through.

^^^^ Yeah it isn't as bad as it could be.

Projection showing the eye passing over the center of Mindoro and to the south of Puerto Galera...

typhoonmindoro2.jpg

Attachments

• typhonmindoro.jpg
    typhonmindoro.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 115
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom