Looking for my first BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok, didn't realize you had no left hand. you could consider flipping the wing to get the dump on the right.

For single tank diving, I really like the TransPac, or the transplate version. You can easily flip the wing over and have the dump and fill on the right side. Your butt dump will be on the top/back side, but that’s actually not that hard to get used to. My CCR Wing has a dump like that. You can run a length on thin line or bungee, to make it easier to grab if needed.

Coupe other ideas.. look for a dual bladder wing. They usually have dumps on both sides.

I am pretty sure Dive Rite has a distributor in Europe. Those guys make custom gear setups all the time. I bet you could have them make you a right side wing. And have somebody bring it back from Florida if you have time to wait.

BTW, Mares actually made a right hand dump wing a couple of years ago. Maybe you can find one. You can see it here:
edit - while I was looking for this, I found the XR full setup in what they call red, but I'd call pink Mares Red Devil Single Backmount Set XR - Line limitiertes Sondermodell | eBay

It's the same wing as the blue battle and the silver knight from Mares XR (which are current models). My best and only option I think! (if I don't want to modify a wing, pay for a custom or go with a BCD)

For single tank diving, I really like the TransPac, or the transplate version. You can easily flip the wing over and have the dump and fill on the right side. Your butt dump will be on the top/back side, but that’s actually not that hard to get used to. My CCR Wing has a dump like that. You can run a length on thin line or bungee, to make it easier to grab if needed.

Coupe other ideas.. look for a dual bladder wing. They usually have dumps on both sides.

I am pretty sure Dive Rite has a distributor in Europe. Those guys make custom gear setups all the time. I bet you could have them make you a right side wing. And have somebody bring it back from Florida if you have time to wait.

I might contact them about that! the DareToDive said (as expected) that it wouldn't be financially viable to do an unique right sided model as they don't manufacture they bladder themselves! they offered however to sell a right sided outer bladder with an extra valve and let me the option to "adjust" the nine bladder.

There is also the option to saw a fabric guide to a longer string that would bring the string from the left dump valve to the right side (A bit like the right shoulder dump on a BCD) but all this is just spitballing. IF I was to try those kind of DIY modification I would have to make much deeper researches (I'm not going to start tempering with Buoyancy system without the help of more knowledgeable people)

Some of my Dive Rite Doubles EXP wings have the inflator elbow right in the center. It could be easily routed to the left or right. Not sure about the smaller wings.

It's the same wing as the blue battle and the silver knight from Mares XR (which are current models). My best and only option I think! (if I don't want to modify a wing, pay for a custom or go with a BCD)
Not exactly the same because this wing is right side dump only. And it is currently available, for example here: Mares | XR Line - Donut Bladder Single Tank - Note in the description "Low profile Unique in front-lower-right side, dump valve" . I was confused because it was black in the video and silver and black in the ads. I didn't realize I was looking at 2 sides of the same thing :)

My advice is to forget about custom wings and either get one of the full XR setups like you initially found or build up your own using the XR wing.

Not exactly the same because this wing is right side dump only. And it is currently available, for example here: Mares | XR Line - Donut Bladder Single Tank - Note in the description "Low profile Unique in front-lower-right side, dump valve" . I was confused because it was black in the video and silver and black in the ads. I didn't realize I was looking at 2 sides of the same thing :)

My advice is to forget about custom wings and either get one of the full XR setups like you initially found or build up your own using the XR wing.
oh yeah... you're right! I didn't notice! one less failure point?:p
you're also right with your conclusion sounds like a better bet than toying around with something I don't master indeed!

Now I'll check the compatibility of the xr wing with different plates! thx for the help

BTW, Mares actually made a right hand dump wing a couple of years ago. Maybe you can find one. You can see it here:
edit - while I was looking for this, I found the XR full setup in what they call red, but I'd call pink Mares Red Devil Single Backmount Set XR - Line limitiertes Sondermodell | eBay

it’s actually very red in person. That’s just a horrible picture. The red devil was the first limited edition they made. It’s no longer in production. The second edition was the blue battle which was blue camo. Again a limited which isn’t in production anymore. The third is the silver knight which is the current model which has a graphite silver color to all the accessories. The red devil and blue battle are still available for purchase through retailers that still have stock. Red Devils pop up every once in a while on eBay for pretty good deals. Currently the blue battles are all around. Silver knights are starting to arrive

holy Molly guacamole ! I can't make that move before the end of December minimum (financial reasons...) but that's a HELL of a deal!!!!!:shocked::surrender:

holy Molly guacamole ! I can't make that move before the end of December minimum (financial reasons...) but that's a HELL of a deal!!!!!:shocked::surrender:
Ya that deal has been on there a few months now so you may be safe waiting. Last month I missed out on a new red devil. Sold for $190 shipped. I wanted to cry. I forgot to check my phone before the listing ended.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom