Mixed Level Cabo Pulmo/La Paz Dive Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Liz1995

New
Reaction score
I am heading to Baja for diving November 28th-December 6th. I am flying into La Paz and intend to work my way down to Cabo Pulmo after a couple of days.

I am a certified rescue diver but have dove mostly in the Caribbean. Never in Baja or the Sea of Cortez. My Dad will be joining me in Cabo Pulmo, and he is newly certified open water diver (as in just completed his check out dives a few weeks ago). He was certified in Monterrey, California so he does have some experience with currents and cold water diving.

We planned this very last minute and now I am really hoping Cabo Pulmo is suitable for a diver of this level! I would love some opinions on this as well as some information on what we can expect diving Cabo Pulmo in December.

Additionally, is it worth doing some diving in La Paz or just waiting until I get to Cabo Pulmo?

Thanks everyone!

Cabo Pulmo is generally suitable for most new divers. Just let whoever you dive with know so they can pick the most appropriate sites.

We're in Cabo Pulmo right know and have seen most of the sea life that this area is known for: bull sharks, large schools of jacks, turtles, mobulas, eels as well as schools of other reef fish. One of the things I like most about Cabo Pulmo is how comfortable all the creatures are with divers. Shows what strict management of a protected area and rule enforcement by divemasters can do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom