DUI dry gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vitaly

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I get tired to patch my old DUI dry gloves with aquaseal and want to buy a new rubber/pvc gloves, cut the old gloves and glue the new ones to existing ZipSeals cuffs. Any suggestion where I can find gloves which are similar to DUI orange dry gloves? My local Home Depot sells blue PVC gloves which are way too thick.

You can get the orange gloves at DRIS.

@vitaly,

What are you going to use to glue the zipseal cuffs? I'm curious how well this will work. Considering the excessive price of zipped seal gloves, it is worth the shot. When my DUI zipped gloves fail completely (aqua seal stops being effective), I'll probably go with a Kubi system. But I'd be willing to try this if it works for you. for $5, it is worth a shot.

You can also pick these up on amazon as well. Good luck and let folks know how well your glue job works. I know that there have been other threads where folks have tried to re-glue the zip portion to new gloves and the success rate was not that good.

You can also pick these up on amazon as well. Good luck and let folks know how well your glue job works. I know that there have been other threads where folks have tried to re-glue the zip portion to new gloves and the success rate was not that good.
As far as glue options go another you could experiment with would be a contact cement like what's used for seals and zippers. I use DAP wood weld, $10 at Lowe's. I've done wrist, neck and zippers with it and have had no issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom