Black durgons?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parachute

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I didn’t see a single black durgon during a recently completed 2-week visit. [Insert Black Durgon Inn joke here].
I did see a few of its cousins, ocean trigger fish. But zero black durgons.

They were plentiful in past trips, though I recall seeing less of them during the last few years.

Have any of you seen any recently in Bonaire waters?

Yes, seen on almost every dive. Oct 12-26.

If Aug/Sept counts as recently, yes. Most dives....

Sept. Saw them on every dive.

I didn’t see a single black durgon during a recently completed 2-week visit. [Insert Black Durgon Inn joke here].
Should have asked before-you did visit the reef around the island, not just the island itself, right?

Wonder if you happened to hit on some breeding time and they were off somewhere, maybe in deeper water or the windward side of the island, breeding. I was in Coz last week and saw a bunch of them.

Wonder if you happened to hit on some breeding time and they were off somewhere, maybe in deeper water or the windward side of the island, breeding. I was in Coz last week and saw a bunch of them.
There you go, that was the problem. They swam up to Cozumel...

We’re here now and have seen numerous Black Durgons, at Klein Bonaire and at Shore Dive sites.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom