condom caths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried adhesive condom catheters, once! Never again.

I have been successfully using these:
Incontinence | Medical Industries
for the last 12 months and am very happy.

I buy them without tape and bought a roll of 2.5cm (1") wide Leukoplast elastic tape from the chemist. I wrap a strip of the tape firmly around the sheath just below the head and it keeps the catheter in place. It is very easy to pull off after the dive. No glue!

Just got my first drysuit, pee valve is installed. Where is the best place to get the condom caths? And can you order individually to try several sizes or source samples somehow? Never used one...

See if the diveshop you got the suit from can give you a few sizes for trying. Or at minimum they probably have the gauge for measuring (it often comes with the condoms).

Once you know your size you can get them from your diveshop or amazon.

Sounds like there should be a ScubaBoard surge on a medical supply shop somewhere.

I tried adhesive condom catheters, once! Never again.

I have been successfully using these:
Incontinence | Medical Industries
for the last 12 months and am very happy.

I buy them without tape and bought a roll of 2.5cm (1") wide Leukoplast elastic tape from the chemist. I wrap a strip of the tape firmly around the sheath just below the head and it keeps the catheter in place. It is very easy to pull off after the dive. No glue!
Interesting...so does the tape only contact the condom cath? You probably have to make it pretty snug so you don't have "shrinkage" causing the cath to slip off, right?

"Condom caths" -- the worst attempt at haiku ever . . .

I have a problem with condom caths..... I shave with a straight razor.

Just got my first drysuit, pee valve is installed. Where is the best place to get the condom caths? And can you order individually to try several sizes or source samples somehow? Never used one...

I get mine from a medical supply place... and ya, getting the right size is critical! If you use them a lot, you likely save a bit buying in bulk online.

Interesting...so does the tape only contact the condom cath? You probably have to make it pretty snug so you don't have "shrinkage" causing the cath to slip off, right?
Correct. It is pretty snug but comfortable. It slipped off once on my second or third dive with it when I didn't know how "snug" to go, but it has been fine since then. Most of my diving is from the shore so I'm climbing up and down rocks and it stays on!

I don the cath. at home before I drive to my dive sites (90+ minute drive) and I don't even know I'm wearing it.

Edit: I should add that I don't need to do any housekeeping/gardening at all. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom