Insurance Documents / Policy Wording etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Direct quote from my request for a copy of the policy "That is the only copy of the policy that I sent to you. "

Me thinks i will be sending a lot of emails in the next few days.

keep us up to date. when it comes to the IRS or business lawyers neither can be blindly trusted.

One must consider the litigious state of the world and NA takes the cake on that. I wasnt being sarcastic, just truthful.

So after the initial 2 replies in 1 hour yesterday i sent the following (im not great at writing these sort of things), its now been 24 hours and not a peep out of them.

"
With regards to the photocopied documents you have sent me, im not sure if you have a feedback system but this document does not give a good impression of a company that is supposed to represent me in potential million dollar lawsuits if they don't review and update documents for years, are unable to scan a document in high resolution or even straight for that matter.

The longer document titled "2019-20 Individual PL Policy" seems to contain a total of 13 separate sections of which 12 are endorsements, the further two files sent are also endorsements. However i have not been provided anywhere a list of total endorsements to my policy, as such i don't know if you have provided me with all of them or will add / subtract some without my knowledge. Please provide a full list of endorsements that have been added to my policy stating its policy number as a reference as in their current form nothing says they apply to my specific policy. Also page 2 of said document states that

"This policy consists of
Declarations
common policy conditions
one or more coverage parts.A coverage Part consists of
one or more coverage forms
applicable forms and endorsements "

However there is no "policy" no "declarations" and no "common policy condition's" that i can see, with all but the final few following pages consisting of endorsements, clearly stating that they change the non provided policy.

The final document you sent me, my "certificate", states

"The insurance is provided under terms and conditions of the master policy which is enclosed with this certificate. Please read the policy for a
full description of the terms, conditions and exclusions of the policy"

This has not been enclosed with my certificate, please send as soon as possible so i can review terms, conditions, exclusions, limits and definitions as would be provided by any competent and legal insurer.
"

I also emailed PADI who told me to contact the same person i am already trying to get an answer out of but have passed my comments on to someone in their insurance department, so lets see what happens.

If underwriting isn't responding, how do you think their claims will?

Walk.

But this could be a lot bigger than me,

If your PADI and teach in the USA you must have liability insurance or your not authrised to teach and these are the only guys

If your PADI and teach Americans abroad and want to protect yourself against litigation launched from the USA, these are the only guys you can use!

PADI America themselves direct you to these guys, i have a bit of time on my hands so ill make noise till i find out whats going and if needed let everyone else who needs to know know too.

If your PADI and teach in the USA you must have liability insurance or your not authrised to teach and these are the only guys
No, there are others.

But this could be a lot bigger than me,

If your PADI and teach Americans abroad and want to protect yourself against litigation launched from the USA, these are the only guys you can use!

PADI America themselves direct you to these guys, i have a bit of time on my hands so ill make noise till i find out whats going and if needed let everyone else who needs to know know too.

How much does PADI get from Vincencia and Buckley yearly for advocating them to the exclusion of all other insurance companies?
I hate dealing with companies that appear to be sleeping with each other since I can't believe that I'll have an advantage because of it.

Michael

If you<snip> teach Americans abroad and want to protect yourself against litigation launched from the USA, these are the only guys you can use!.

Not a legal expert, but I have never understood how you can sue in the US someone in another country. How can they have jurisdiction? This is a future concern for myself, as I'm a dual EU-US citizen, plan on opening up a dive shop in Greece, but will maintain assets/citizenship in the US. If I'm not providing any professional dive services in the US, I don't believe it should be possible to sue me there. A judge should throw out such lawsuits for lack of jurisdiction and I shouldn't have to hire a lawyer, much less show up. I should be safe to ignore it. But I know that isn't the case.

Jurisdictions is a slippery slope! Regardless, it’ll still cost one for a lawyer to request summary judgment and toss a suit. An insurance policy should cover the defense in addition to the limits of liability...till exhaustion of said limit.

Upon renewal for my shop (not an individual policy) with V&B I received 8 different documents in email attachments. Some are directions, some are endorsements, named insured, etc. But the two that are closest to what I believe you are looking for are described below. Yes, these both look like scans of printed documents.

Dive Center/Resort General Liability Policy Form (88 pages) containing:
  • Declarations
  • Common Policy Conditions
  • One or more coverage parts. A coverage part consists of - one or more coverage forms; applicable forms and endorsements
Dive Center/Resort Property Policy Form (112 pages) containing:
  • Declarations
  • Common Policy Conditions
  • One or more coverage parts. A coverage part consists of - one or more coverage forms; applicable forms and endorsements

Back
Top Bottom