Shearwater Perdix (AI) and MacDive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tep

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm seriously thinking about a Perdix AI for an after holiday gift for myself. There's nothing really wrong with my current computer, but I think that after 12+ years I deserve a new one. Also, the company is (sorta) gone, there's no long term support, etc. I figure that the Atmos 2 can be a backup until it croaks.

I use MacDive, and I can't see ever changing from MacDive. It's just not going to happen.

If I buy the Perdix, I assume that the only need for the Shearwater SW will be for firmware updates?

I've looked at MacDive and I'm not worried about the support there. I figure MacDive will do everything that Shearwater will let it do, in terms of settings, etc.

I've seen the testimonials about Shearwater support.

Shearwater and MacDive just seems like such a perfect match that it's almost too good to be true.

Am I just paranoid that there's a hidden gotcha?

I have heard log ago that not all computers use the same data base format. I heard that regarding I think somting aloong the line of DAN was taking dive profiles to put in their data base to analyze fro something. the problem was that I think AERIS data bse was not compatable wit Dan. I dont know if that is still a valid concern but if yo are going to use the same desktop progrran to upload your dives to you may have to look on one puter or the others if they use diffrent structures.

I feel that bluetooth in general is more reliable on iOS than Mac OS, but there are no gotchas.

I transitioned from Suunto to Shearwater in Macdive. When my Suunto became my secondary I created a second diver to download the logs to it, so I could still have them but they would be seperate, assigning my Teric to my diver.

I am considering a Perdix AI and had the same concern about MacDive, which I have been using for years. MacDive's tech support guy, who has been phenomenal whenever a problem has occurred, assured me that there would be no problem switching to the Shearwater. Another plus was all my Oceanic transmitters will also work with the Perdix.

Oh I forgot one huge issue, it won't affect you since you don't sound like you have two transmitters yet, but Mac Dive two transmitter support is still on his "to do" list. o_O

Thanks everyone! I can now contemplate spending money on Boxing Day with wild abandon!

Hey just noticed you are a local (to me diver) both Waterhorse and The Marissa are/we’re offering holiday sales if you are looking for discounted boat tickets.

Hey just noticed you are a local (to me diver) both Waterhorse and The Marissa are/we’re offering holiday sales if you are looking for discounted boat tickets.

Thanks! I had an email from Marissa in my spam folder, which shouldn't have happened. I'll give it a look. I could use a brain break and a few dives in January.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom