liveaboard.com Can I trust them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How does one thing relate to another?

Mares/Head is an above board large corporation Why are they allowing one of their subsidiary companies to instigate such obviously unscrupulous behavior?

Mares/Head is an above board large corporation Why are they allowing one of their subsidiary companies to instigate such obviously unscrupulous behavior?

First, it probably wasn't part of the due diligence prior to purchase.

Second, because now in their big scheme of things, it's a small thing in a big ship.

Third, business is business.

I never trust review sites with an inherent conflict-of-interest, it's very common sense if you think about it for a minute.

First, it probably wasn't part of the due diligence prior to purchase.

Second, because now in their big scheme of things, it's a small thing in a big ship.

Third, business is business.

Due diligence certainly revealed the “fake” happiness of all their customers. Critical stuff in acquisitions.

Travel is a vital vector of future biz. Don’t underestimate the importance of Liveaboard to Mares.

Dubious business practices have a way of biting you in the ass. No matter how insignificant you think dive travel is to their overall business.

Biz is biz? What are you saying here? It’s OK to be deceptive to your customers because it’s business? Wow.

Due diligence certainly revealed the “fake” happiness of all their customers. Critical stuff in acquisitions.

Travel is a vital vector of future biz. Don’t underestimate the importance of Liveaboard to Mares.

Dubious business practices have a way of biting you in the ass. No matter how insignificant you think dive travel is to their overall business.

Biz is biz? What are you saying here? It’s OK to be deceptive to your customers because it’s business? Wow.

I'm sure they reviewed the financials and contracts. They may even have run some analytics on return customers. Regardless, I very much doubt they did that by looking at reviews posted by marketing.

If it is a concern, then business being business, it will be addressed in the fullness of time. Perhaps by dumping some boats from their advertising portfolio and user platform.

I never trust review sites with an inherent conflict-of-interest, it's very common sense if you think about it for a minute.

you must not trust any scuba review sites then...none of them are independent, they all depend on advertising dollars from the companies products they are reviewing. It is just the scale and nature of the industry.

I'm sure they reviewed the financials and contracts. They may even have run some analytics on return customers. Regardless, I very much doubt they did that by looking at reviews posted by marketing.

If it is a concern, then business being business, it will be addressed in the fullness of time. Perhaps by dumping some boats from their advertising portfolio and user platform.

The evil is from within. Corporate decisions to curtail customer complaints and censor them is indicative of rot from the top, not boat owners.

I'm surprised that Head/Mares/SSI would participate in this sham review scam. Does not say much for them, Bad business practice.

In case anyone is wondering...

Head Mares Group acquires majority stake in liveaboard.com - Stek Advocaten

Dear Tridacna,

We are very sorry to hear that you feel this way. We completely understand your concern and can 100% assure you that our review process is in no way a scam.

We have no deliberate bias when posting reviews from guests who have used our website to book a liveaboard and want to make sure we can reflect the experience onboard the boats as accurately as possible.

We do have criteria and rules that reviews must meet in order to be posted on our website.These rules ensure that we are fair, impartial and follow all applicable GDPR laws, some reasons as to why we might not post a review are:

- When the review includes abusive language, swearing, discriminatory remarks, language that negatively targets a staff member, or personal political, religious, and ethical viewpoints

- If it includes personal information, like names, phone numbers, addresses etc.

- If we suspect that a review isn’t genuine and might be used to target a competitor

- If the review does not to provide any added value for other divers

- When the review is not about the service provided but another aspect on which either LiveAboard.com or the boat operator has no influence

- When the review promotes illegal activities

We do read each review thoroughly and because this is a manual process there is always the potential flaw of human error and if this is the case we will follow up and rectify immediately.

We take all experiences and feedback seriously and we would like to thank you for providing your own to us.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Shannon

Back
Top Bottom