Solved: Korea Sub-Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
joshua.d.vise

joshua.d.vise

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,
I was hoping to get a special dedicated sub-forum made for scuba diving in South Korea. This is because the small dive community here would really benefit from having one source of reliable information, and a good place to connect to other divers. South Korea also has a long history of traditional diving, with the "Dive Women" (해녀) attracting lots of tourists as they collect shellfish.

Does anyone know how to start this kind of forum in the "Regions" section of the community? I'd appreciate any help or advice.

DS...

Please create this sub-forum...I have friends in south Korea that are impacted by this legislation...

Respectfully...

W.W. Meixner...

You should reach out to them and get them involved in this thread, which will in turn, have them involved in the new subforum.

Almost all the Asia Forums are titled by country name so we'll use South Korea as the title.

If you create a dive site listings thread include a request for others to add Dive site info and I can "stick" it so it stays at the top.

You should reach out to them and get them involved in this thread, which will in turn, have them involved in the new subforum.

Thanks C...

Already been done during a Christmas greeting phone call two days ago...we're all getting older...it's been 37 years now since we were all together in Saudi...everyone still involved...not so ''actively'' anymore...but still involved non the less...

Thanks...best...

Warren...

@joshua.d.vise

May I ask what the water temperature was when you dove recently in Busan?

We dove Taejongdae. Did our rescue dives there. Water temperature was 16-17 degrees Celsius. I wore a 5mm wetsuit with another neoprene vest inside, and it was on the edge of being too cold for me. My dive buddy had an 8mm suit, and seemed fine. Our instructor had a drysuit, and was obviously okay!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom