Deep6 Wetsuit Sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got the suit. Fits me almost perfectly. I always have issues forearms being too tight, this one is no exception. And it's harder to force my arms into a 7mil than 3 mil.
If you fold it inside out on the 7mm you will see a black reinforcement band, That is the choke point and is why the arms are tight on the 7mm. That is not there on the 3mm since there are no gussets to reinforce. I hope these will stretch as the 7mm arm area is quite uncomfortable when I have it pulled up high enough to get the cuff to my wrists.

If you fold it inside out on the 7mm you will see a black reinforcement band, That is the choke point and is why the arms are tight on the 7mm. That is not there on the 3mm since there are no gussets to reinforce. I hope These will stretch as the 7mm arm area is quite uncomfortable when I have it pulled up high enough to get the cuff to my wrists.

I usually take l beach towels and cram them in the elbow area. Stretches it out a little

for all of you that are getting them in...post some pics...show us your inner badass!

Just finished first dive in deep6 7mm suit. Dive was a freshwater dive max depth 40ft, water was 61 degrees. Couple of thoughts:

1. Definitely a little bit of work to get into it at the dive site, about what I would have expected from a 7mm though, the zippers at the arms and legs helped a little. Would definitely think twice before taking off during SI
2. I guesstimated I needed about 4 additional lbs so 14 lbs total with 3mm hood and gloves and 5mm boots. (when I dive same rig in 5mm suit I use 10 lbs). Overall that was about right but I was light at the ankles and had a tendency to be a little ankle light, and at the end of the dive 1000psi on AL80 I was very light in the butt, I think I could use another 2 lbs overall and either ankle weights or heavier fins. Currently using Seac Propulsions so not heavy fins
3. Very very warm. My body was toasty warm in the 61deg water where I had been mildly cold in the 5mm. Only water flow I noticed was in the neck. My hood does not have a full bib on it so was not blocking the flow much.
4. Getting it off was about as much work as getting it on.

Overall I am extremely happy with the wetsuit.

My 3mm in size Medium arrived Saturday. Wow, this thing is well made! And the pockets really appeal to me. I am accustomed to pockets because almost all my diving in the past couple of years has been in my drysuit. In anticipation of getting back into tropical diving, and with my ancient 3mm getting a little threadbare, this seemed like an opportunity too good to pass up.

As I mentioned upthread, the major reason I had not bought one until this sale was that none of the sizes fit me in all measurements, according to the size chart. According to the size chart, a Small would likely fit in all measurements except chest and possibly waist, and I was concerned the Small would be too snug in the chest (by 2 inches) if not also slightly snug in the waist (by 1 inch). So I bought a Medium, which, now having tried it on, I conclude fits well in all measurements except length of the suit’s arms and legs—mine are a bit short for my torso size. Even with the suit’s legs hiked up to give extra slack at the knee, they remain well over an inch too long. I plan to have the wetsuit tailor (mentioned upthread) shorten the legs by 1.5 inches and shorten the arms by 1 inch (and add a “relief zipper” while they’re at it). But as I see it, the sale price balances out the cost of the alterations. So it seemed time to pull the trigger on a Deep6 wetsuit. After the alterations, I believe I will be very pleased with this suit. For the benefit of others who have been hesitating because of the limited selection of sizes, my measurements are:

height: 5 ft, 8 in.
inseam: 30 in.
weight: 170 lbs. (not really a size measurement, is it?)
waist: 34 in.
chest: 40 in.

My 3mm in size Medium arrived Saturday. Wow, this thing is well made! And the pockets really appeal to me. I am accustomed to pockets because almost all my diving in the past couple of years has been in my drysuit. In anticipation of getting back into tropical diving, and with my ancient 3mm getting a little threadbare, this seemed like an opportunity too good to pass up.

As I mentioned upthread, the major reason I had not bought one until this sale was that none of the sizes fit me in all measurements, according to the size chart. According to the size chart, a Small would likely fit in all measurements except chest and possibly waist, and I was concerned the Small would be too snug in the chest (by 2 inches) if not also slightly snug in the waist (by 1 inch). So I bought a Medium, which, now having tried it on, I conclude fits well in all measurements except length of the suit’s arms and legs—mine are a bit short for my torso size. Even with the suit’s legs hiked up to give extra slack at the knee, they remain well over an inch too long. I plan to have the wetsuit tailor (mentioned upthread) shorten the legs by 1.5 inches and shorten the arms by 1 inch (and add a “relief zipper” while they’re at it). But as I see it, the sale price balances out the cost of the alterations. So it seemed time to pull the trigger on a Deep6 wetsuit. After the alterations, I believe I will be very pleased with this suit. For the benefit of others who have been hesitating because of the limited selection of sizes, my measurements are:

height: 5 ft, 8 in.
inseam: 30 in.
weight: 170 lbs. (not really a size measurement, is it?)
waist: 34 in.
chest: 40 in.

You are almost my same size. I waffled between small and medium. I am:

5'7"
inseam 29
weight 155-160
waist 33
chest 40

I was particularly concerned about the chest on the small at 38 maybe being too tight. The neoprene is pretty stretchy and I found 40 chest is no problem in small for me. The suits tend to loosen a bit after a few dives too. Your going to like this suit.

My 7mm large came in. I am very pleased with the quality. This is going to be MUCH warmer than my old crushed-down 7/5. I was sweating like mad in a 70deg house when I tried it on.

I'm 5'10"
Wear 34/32 pants
About 185
Longish torso
About a 42-43 chest
Monkey arms

Fit through the core seems good.

They do seem to be cut long. I'm not too surprised that the legs are a bit too long, but the arms are too long for me!

Now part of it is just getting stuff pulled up, and a little stretching of the bands (noted up-thread) may help.

Are the inner seals at the ankles/wrists supposed to be rolled under? If so, that will be good-enough, otherwise those will get a quick trim and stitch.

I just received my Deep6 3 mm in XL. Fit is good.
6’ 2” 195lbs 36” waist 44” chest.

Attachments

• 834531B9-BD9B-4BF8-AFB8-139403E39C34.jpeg
    834531B9-BD9B-4BF8-AFB8-139403E39C34.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 131
Does anyone have both 3mm and 7mm in the same size? My new 3mm M is good on the length and a little snug, but OK in the neck and chest. I like it a lot and am thinking about getting a 7mm before they disappear, but I can't go snugger than the one I have. Feedback, manifestos, ideas? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom