Using the 30mm macro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from diving in the Philippines and used the 30mm macro a lot. The 60mm hunts way too much and seems more than it did on the EM5mk1. Only used it on one dive under the jetty in Padre Bouros.

Went there to get some clean water and coral again. Certainly fulfilled that objective but after a couple of dives it brought it all back to me why I have been doing macro for the last 10 years. I got bored! After the wonderful viewings of coral there was nowhere near enough to see and you have to be so careful around the coral.

The 1.4 tele fit kind of tight on my copy of the extension tube but a bit of sandpaper and now it is perfect. Of course you lose infinity focus but for me at least that is not an issue.
Bill

Bugger, I bought one of these by mistake thinking they would fit all lenses, so I sold it and lost a bit of money. If I had known this I would have kept it.
Did you need a housing extension?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom