Liveaboard Logistics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[QUOTE="scuBecca, post: 8833230, member: 485392]

If those boots really do dry in minutes, I'd buy a pair in a heartbeat! My 5mm boots take FOREVER to dry, and if I don't get them dry within a day or so, they start getting stinky... :vomit:

[/QUOTE]
They do get dry enough to get you through any trip length. The lining dries 85-90% instantly. But the neoprene is still 5mm and takes a while to fully dry enough for storage. Their 3mm socks should dry faster. As a ballpark, The wetsuit lining dries 95% instantly and takes only a couple days for the neoprene to fully fully dry for storage.

I live in SEA though, it's super humid here.

I was on Blue Manta 3 months ago. At the last night of the trip, DM put my booties in their spacious engine room. The booties dried up in 3 hours. Folding the ankle zipper parts down, exposing the internal to the warm dry air also help speeding up the drying process.

During the trip, between dives, I turned the booties upside down and tilted the ankle part lower than the toe end to drain the excess water out of the internal.

I've been debating picking up a pair of mini boot dryers (like these):

dg-traveldrydx-7__83927__16616__38814.1558951223.jpg

to help dry my boots when I travel, but I like to go carry-on only and space is quite tight- do I really need them? I've found that turning a patio chair over and sticking my boots on the legs holds them open and upside-down enough that the water can drain out and the insides can dry. If they aren't completely dry by the time I need to pack up to go home, I stuff them with newspaper. Works well enough at a hotel, but I don't think the boat will be too happy with me if I start flipping over their chairs to dry my gear...

Even though I'll be checking a bag for this liveaboard trip, I don't necessarily want to pack more stuff if I don't need it- I like @Dan 's idea of seeing if the crew will stick my boots in the engine room at the end of the trip.

Actually, you will find folks doing all kinds of things with their gear to dry it out. I am quite certain that I have flipped a plastic chair or two to facilitate gear drying. And if rain is anticipated, the crew is likely to be proactive and more than happy to help you out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom