15l tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear Scubafanatic,

Being an instrumentation engineer for many years, I was thinking of bringing that up. Almost never are any two gages in perfect agreement…even very expensive laboratory ones which are much better than the ones bounced around with scuba gear. So some who think they always get short fills, or over fills, may more properly blame their own gages—and digitals are no better.

The same very basic concept of instrumentation holds true for water temps which would probably explain some conflicts on that issue. Indeed who really should expect their water temp readings to be better than plus or minus 2-3 F.

Dave Dillehay
I should note that I use 2 different AI computers plus an analog gauge when I dive for redundancy. The Sherwood Perdix AI as the main and an Oceanic OC1 as a backup. The analog is the 3rd fail-safe. I noted that the psi readings are generally the same.

For the first time, I opted for 15l tanks for my December COZ visit. In the past, I’ve used 80cf...with 12 pounds of weight. What should I expect differently besides a bit longer bottom time with this Aluminum 15l over the 80cf?
Dove with the 15L aluminum today....I felt absolutely no difference than with the 80! Same weights and exactly what I was looking for.....15-20 more minutes of dive time! I found it....and trailboss was spot on!

Thanks to all who responded.

Loving these 15L tanks!

Dove 15L in the Solomons. Nice but Aldoras 120 steels are sooooo nice. 2 morning dives that are essentially 3 normal dives.

Dove 15L in the Solomons. Nice but Aldoras 120 steels are sooooo nice. 2 morning dives that are essentially 3 normal dives.
Yea, I'm done with ProDive after this trip...Aldora, BlueSea or 3ps going forward.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom