Trip report-Aldora and Casa Mexicana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who are the DMs at Aldora right now? Jorgito? Dario? Mario? Rich? Nat? Miguel?
All the above . Liang took us on a night dive as well. There was also a new guy, think his name was Juan.

@Jayfarmlaw - I am going to be in Cozumel next week- what are your thoughts on the Lionfish Marsala @ New Especias. I will be staying right around the corner from there for 8 nights. Do you think it is worth a try? :wink:
If it's not better than an onion burger at Sids..... I'll buy you an onion burger at Sids AND a slaw dog next time you find yourself in El Reno....lol.

Safe travels, ask the pilot to honk and wave if you get over Oklahoma!

Jay

How was it logistically for breakfast?
Breakfast doesn't start till 7am and Aldora starts at 7:30. Doesn't leave much time to digest...

How was it logistically for breakfast?
Breakfast doesn't start till 7am and Aldora starts at 7:30. Doesn't leave much time to digest...

And that is why my one experience with the combination of Aldora and Casa Mexicana will remain my only. I hate being rushed.

Usually coffee and fruit is out by 10 til. If you are down there by then, you can begin the buffet as soon as it it opened up at 7. The boat is no more than a 5 minute walk so unless you want to spend more than 25 minutes at breakfast it's really not rushed.

Also, it's not like the boats leave at 730 on the dot. It's Mexico... they leave at 730ish. We have waited for people that were late before and nobody cares.

I've reached the point that a big breakfast before a dive is a bad idea and diving with heartburn just sucks. I have plenty of time to have a good breakfast, and even walk to Coffee Cozumel for a double espresso and coffee for the DM if needed.

I also grab a couple of apples, pears, or bananas for the SI on the way down the stairs. Always feed the DM and Capitan....always.

The CM/Aldora combination may not be for everyone. But it just works great for us.

Merry Christmas and safe travels everyone.....19 more days until My Shearwater Perdix AI and transmitter comes down the chimney!!!!

Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom