Hydroid Aquabreather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you get the explosion at depth you can experience what it is like to have a depth charge go off on top of your head.

WOW!
So it has the potential to kill a whole group of divers?!?
Not just the operator?
I get nervous when everyone else on the boat is wearing split fins, but this helmet thing seems even more ridiculous than cutting your fins down the middle.
So does it seal around your neck or just completely flood and fail if tipped to far?

Hey! Apollo Bio-fins (one of the early "Nature's Wing" split fins) work just fine. (I still prefer my trusty Mares Quattro Avanti or ScubaPro Sea-Wing Guerilla's).

But, out of fairness to your snark :)-)), every other split fin I ever used was terrible. I also never got Force Fins to work, but some people swear by them.

WOW!

So does it seal around your neck or just completely flood and fail if tipped to far?

I wondered about this too. Was there at least a dry suit-style neck seal? Otherwise that explains why the demo diver stayed on his back.....(per the reports)

Sorry gang, I stumbled across this thread and didn't realize how old it was. OOps. There was obviously some cheek involved in naming this product, and a "Hydroid" is typically something that causes a sting. I'm guessing that's what happened to those who put down deposits. The unsecured website mentioned earlier was probably to help facilitate capturing card info.....

Back
Top Bottom