Show That Face!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry NASDA didn't have pictures on their C-cards in 1968. I do have the 1st picture of me in dive gear,
vintage_diver circa 1960.jpg

a 2011 selfie u/w
PICT0005.JPG

and a 2007 selfie nothing more recent. I'm just have more grey and a few more wrinkles now.
me closeup.JPG

ook at the bright side (pun intended), at least us baldies never have a bad hair day, and we don't have worry about hair looking like sh!t after a dive.

You're right about that! My dive buddy always complains about her hair, it's in her mask, makes her hood leak, looks terrible, etc. I told her that I never have those problems, so she should just shave it off. She didn't bite. :D

Bald is sexy or at least that us what I tell everyone. Plus we also save money we can spend on dive gear by not having to buy shampoo, conditioner and other hair products.

Yes indeed! I had to sit on a panel in DC a few years ago. On the second day I walked in and said that I love the volumizing shampoo the hotel provided because I thought it made my hair a lot thicker. About half the people looked at me with a nervous look, asking themselves if I was serious. The other half of the room got my humor and fell out laughing.

College course. Instructor was faculty. Best PE class I ever had, and it only cost me $25 as a lab fee (not counting the semester's tuition).
I had a similar course in college in the late 80’s. Best college class I ever had and the only one I got a perfect score in. Unfortunately I never did my ow check dives and didn’t get my actual card until years later.

Seeing that there was some other bald guys on here, I was feeling pretty confident. Then @MaxBottomtime showed up with the awesome hair and stash and @Ayisha showed up and made us all look bad. Now I'm just feeling bad about myself! In all seriousness, thanks for the awesome thread @ScubaWithTurk, lots of fun!
If it's any consolation, I grew up an Army brat and had to have a G.I. haircut until I was a senior in high school. My Dad always had holes in his haircut, so I'm holding onto my thinning hair as long as I can.

All you have to do is right-click on the photo, select copy image and paste it onto your post.
Believe it or not I went back and read the help post about posting photos and did exactly that. When I posted on the thread though the pictures did not come up so I went back in and did it the way you see. I wonder if there is a lag time between the time you post and the time they show up?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom