Mexico vs Florida (better training caves)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's easy to stay in place when you're battling a steady force. At least it is for me. It's unnatural for me to be completely still as is required in no flow settings. I have to say that I'm finding it hard to keep my left leg up at the moment, which I guess is a function of having titanium plates and screws in it. Psychosomatic? Possibly. A matter of decreased stamina? Also a possibility and it might be both together and a bit extra weight. All I know, is I would not want to dive a cenote until I have this figured out. Flow is a blessing for me at the moment.

It's easy to stay in place when you're battling a steady force. At least it is for me. It's unnatural for me to be completely still as is required in no flow settings. I have to say that I'm finding it hard to keep my left leg up at the moment, which I guess is a function of having titanium plates and screws in it. Psychosomatic? Possibly. A matter of decreased stamina? Also a possibility and it might be both together and a bit extra weight. All I know, is I would not want to dive a cenote until I have this figured out. Flow is a blessing for me at the moment.

I agree. It's easier to sit in one stop fairly motionless in flow than it is to hover perfectly still in no flow. I can easily do both, but I don't have to think as much in flow. I suspect it's the little bit of finning you need to do to stay in one spot is stabilizing.

I suspect it's the little bit of finning you need to do to stay in one spot is stabilizing.
This still qualifies as motionless?

Of course not. You have to fin to maintain the same spot in flow.

i’m sure you know exactly what I’m trying to explain even if I didnt use the ideal terms in your eyes.
Unless you can magically hover in place in flow without a little finning. Either way I’m sure you know what was meant.

i’m sure you know exactly what I’m trying to explain even if I didnt use the ideal terms in your eyes.
Unless you can magically hover in place in flow without a little finning. Either way I’m sure you know what was meant.
Yeah, sorry. I was trying to respond to the greater mass of posts, not just yours. Big deals made about being motionless, then statements that flow helps one to be stable....

Stable, and motionless are not the same. Stable -- I'm inferring in this thread -- means not going up or down. Finning to counter some flow covers a multitude of sins, which is why none of the agencies requiring "neutral buoyancy" allow for one to demonstrate it while swimming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom