Cleaning a mask in the dishwasher

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the meanwhile... I put the mask in the dishwasher, yes I did. I always wanted to, you know... plain washing together with the dishes and usual soap. It was almost ok... BUT there was still a quite small spot that was fogged. So I repeated cleaning with toothpaste, normal not mild type, and brushed it with an electric toothbrush. And it was like brand new after
It was a long journey but I can say eventually I achieved a perfect result

You know how you wash a mask?

You dive it frequently.

Mask washing... never heard of such a thing in my life. Dive it, rinse it. Repeat often.

That’s what I do with Scuba masks (like I said, I just spit on them before starting the dive) but for some reason this freediving mask I got didn’t seem to get clean with the usual methods...

I used a lighter followed by sonicare toothbrush for my atomics, they get cleaned every dive with the baby shampoo I use for anti fog

I had some silicone swim goggles (major brand but not Speedo or Arena) that always oozed a tiny bit of something from the silicone onto the lenses. I never could keep them from fogging.

I've never heard of a mask being cleaned in a dishwasher.
This. It takes 30 seconds to wash it in the sink. An old toothbrush (or new... maybe your buddy's...) to clean the mung out of the tight places works great

Might as well put your reg in the dishwasher as well. It will come out sparking clean.

Don't forget to leave the dust cap off! Very important to make sure all the internal parts are squeeky clean. :D:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom