Hello Everybody~

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
So, my university offered a free scuba diving session a couple of months ago and I had an awesome time with that and now I look forward to taking the intro course next semester! :heart:

Fun fact, it took me forever to find that heart emoji to put at the end of this with all the other weird ones that were mixed in lol

So, my university offered a free scuba diving session a couple of months ago and I had an awesome time with that and now I look forward to taking the intro course next semester! :heart:

Fun fact, it took me forever to find that heart emoji to put at the end of this with all the other weird ones that were mixed in lol

Welcome! So glad you could join us, both here and becoming one of the diving tribe!

Welcome. It can be a wonderful hobby to get into, and can enhance appreciation of a range of the sciences (Biology and Ecology are givens, but Chemistry (pollution, Biochemistry), even Physics (e.g.: waves and other forces at work).

I’m actually biology/pre-vet. It would be nice to find some research involving marine life with one of my professors once I’m certified.

Welcome to our and now your scuba forum. Glad you decided to join us.

Welcome to the club! Pull up a chair and chill. Was this more of a discover session or the first part towards getting OW certified? If the latter, I believe most universities give you college credit for it. Wish my old college did something like that though.

(Since you did one) Fun fact: I can do whole conversations in gifs and memes haha

The thing they offered was a discover session, but the school does offer a course for getting OW certified.

Welcome, enjoy your class. I think it's cool the college offers this

The thing they offered was a discover session, but the school does offer a course for getting OW certified.

If you enjoy diving, I think you will want the OW certification. Realistically that's the true 'entry' certification. Unless things have changed since I last looked, the restrictions on Discover Scuba could get restrictive. Fortunately you can do Discover Scuba Diving then build on that toward OW certification.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...good luck with your studies.

Back
Top Bottom