BSAC 2019 Conference: Drs. Neal Pollock & Simon Mitchell (and more)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jay

Need to dive more!
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There are several excellent presentations.

The Q&A with Dr. Neal Pollock was very interesting with lots of good questions. Some of the topics touched on were: a max GFHi of 70, forget the 'deepest dive first' rule, being slightly negative on a SS, final stop depth, DCIEM tables, military divers vs. 'regular' divers, and cataracts and PO2.

His main presentation was about innovation and some hazards that also happen to occur alongside.

Dr. Simon Mitchell's presentation was about Human Risk Factors focusing on Violations and Errors ... and a great OZ/Kiwi joke at ~19mins :)

Links to their videos:

Dr Neal Pollock on the future of diver protection

Professor Simon Mitchell talks 'The shortest road to increased safety in diving'

For all the BSAC 2019 presentations: BSAC Diving Conference 2019 videos of presentations

Like me, if you didn't know what on earth DCIEM tables were, here's a PDF attached. On a first (quick) look, they appear to be ~a group factor more conservative than PADI tables for single dives and several groups more conservative on repetitive dives.

Attachments

• DCIEM PDF.pdf
    7.3 MB · Views: 183
Thanks, @Jay Very nice of you to share this! The Q&A session was especially interesting. Lots of little gold nuggets there.

Reactions: Jay
Two very interesting talks... thanks @Jay!

Thanks Jay!! Really appreciate this!

Thanks, @Jay Very nice of you to share this! The Q&A session was especially interesting. Lots of little gold nuggets there.

Indeed! I don't think that I can go back to doing my stops vertical though. Lol

Very interesting ! Thanks!

Thanks for posting the DCIEM tables.
I wondered what they looked like.

Very surprised to see the 60 ft/min +/-10 ascent rate.
And 100% O2 deco at 30 ft depth.

Ditto rsingler,
thanks for posting Jay,
m

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom