How to giant stride with fiberglass fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can I assume no ladder below you?
Depends on the ladder, I guess, but I have never seen a giant stride over one either. I have done the "sit down" from as high as 12 feet into the water. It's really good when the back deck is awash. While everyone else is doing face plants, you get to enter the water with grace and aplomb. :D

The jump off @Wookie's Spree was a pretty good one. We jumped with our feet together, fins pointed up, worked out OK.

@chairman, never saw your entry off the Spree, how did you do that one?

Depends on the ladder, I guess, but I have never seen a giant stride over one either. I have done the "sit down" from as high as 12 feet into the water. It's really good when the back deck is awash. While everyone else is doing face plants, you get to enter the water with grace and aplomb. :D

Interesting. We put divers in with Giant Strides over ladders every day.... You could definitely do a backroll of the side of the swim platform, or off the side of the boat

Interesting. We put divers in with Giant Strides over ladders every day.... You could definitely do a backroll of the side of the swim platform, or off the side of the boat
in 50 years of diving, I've never gone over a ladder. I land about 2 or 3 feet away from the boat, and so far I've never had a problem.

As in this video (not mine)
40 second mark, 2nd diver entering the water..
Very common in Jupiter area, especially spearos usually enter like this..

In this video a collection of "faceplant" entrance attempts...
this does not stress your fins, indeed!

WTF were the DM's(?) doing there to many of those poor divers? Lifting up on the bottom of the cylinders trying to get them to rotate forwards? I think if anyone did that to me that there would be some serious words exchanged when I got back on the boat...to put it mildly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom