Headed to UK (From U.S.)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackie Treehorn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Going to be in London for a couple weeks in the near future. I have seen many comments and checked online and the pricing on Apeks gear seems to be pretty favorable versus the U.S.

Was thinking about buying some Tek3 first stages and maybe some additional gift items for folks.

Aside from the warranty support issues, which I'm not terribly concerned about (unless someone tells me otherwise), what other things should I be concerned about.

I read about some replacement part needed when buying a UK reg for high nitrox use... or something to that effect. I do use various levels of deco gas so would like to know that as well.

Also, any recommendations for a shop in London (staying most likely in Mayfair area) to make a purchase would be appreciated as well. Thanks in advance!!!!

As I understand it, Apeks has one service kit for all their 1st stages and one service kit for all their 2nd stages - there is no distinction about air or O2 in the kits. Buy several service kits since, they are cheap in Europe, usually under 15US$ a kit.

Michael

Mike's Dive Store in Chiswick maybe easiest. Short tube ride. Others tend to be distributed further out in London.

the factory o2 clean version is sold with a m26 fitting, so you would need an additional din fitting in that case. or just buy the regular din version and o2 clean later as needed. www.theoringstore.com is an easy option for viton orings.

This m26 thing is what has me confused. I’ll have to do some research.

I assume any cylinder filled in the UK with more than 40% oxygen has to have a m26 valve??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom