So who’s ever brought up their second stage in a lobster bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catch any bugs? :idk::)
No bugs at all that dive or the second. Only one the next day. It was all recreational reef drops and although we swim away from the group, any bugs left on those spots know how to not get caught! But today was the owner’s son as Captain and he was willing to drop us separate on true bug holes. Eric and I both got our limit for the day. Hoping for the same tomorrow.

Were you solo? Couldn’t send someone else down to grab the reg?
Eric and I drop together but hunt separate. I had only ascended about 15 feet. In this case it wasn’t the return to depth but the return to depth with a free flowing hose that was stupid.

Thanks for the report. How deep was the CESA?
Almost exactly 50 feet.

What did the lobster do to it?
No lobsters in the bag. :(

Thank you for sharing, that we may learn! I have an al19 that I don't always use.... Now I'm rethinking that.
Respectfully
James

Pony Bottle Hubris strikes again! Don't tempt the pony fates! :wink:

Seriously though, congrats on ending the dive safely and sharing the story.

You know, the second dive was also shallow and I didn’t carry it. Stupid move number 5. That night Eric calmly but firmly requested I carry the pony so its been with me each day since.

Good call. If your pony bothers you, maybe it is just too big because it is geared towards max depths of 30-40m, get a smaller one for these shallow dives. I use a 2l steel / 16cuft and don't even really notice it on land when clipped to the harness.

Thanks for the humbling story. Glad it ended well.

:wink: Now if you were diving SM, it would have been a non-event from the start. Instead of kinking the hose you turn off the tank valve... (yes I'm evangelical about recreational OW SM).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom