Articles/Books/Reading on different decompression models?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azstinger11

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I'm going to be writing a short(ish) academic paper on the different decompression models being employed in the dive industry.

So far I am using Deep Into Deco and Deco For Divers as my first couple of texts as primers on decompression theory and some of the algorithms. But was looking for any scholarly or at least citable works on the subject.

Thanks in advance!

who's the paper's audience?

Erik Baker's papers are published and citable.
Not sure I would bother with Winke's work as its not legible

There is a big collection of stuff here.

You will need to read wider because many diving related papers turn out not to be so good, with small numbers of subjects etc. The aviation and people people manage to do good work too as the issues are related but they have budgets.

Rubicon Research Repository

Along with those books, I would also recommend TDI manual for Decompression Procedures and PSAI's Advanced Nitrox manual or SSI Technical diving manual. They all say the same thing but the language of one may be better "click" to you than the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom