Some people’s wet dreams are about to come true!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sure, I get that as a small operation you have prioritize. But it's not like Suunto gives me support with Subsurface, nor would I expect Shearwater to, despite them being a lot more helpful to the Subsurface developers. Us linux users are used to being on our own. :wink:
We aren't Suunto and I would want to figure it out. I am trying to set boundaries.

So, this would download then to e.g. subsurface-mobile via Bluetooth?

FWIW, subsurface compatibility would be a big plus for me.

Sure, I get that as a small operation you have prioritize. But it's not like Suunto gives me support with Subsurface, nor would I expect Shearwater to, despite them being a lot more helpful to the Subsurface developers. Us linux users are used to being on our own. :wink:

I use subsurface myself, and have been using linux since the 1990s, deep6gear.com is run on a linux box. Prior to medical school I mostly worked in IT and programming.

That being said, support for subsurface is in the domain of the project's lead developers (and the support library). I see no reason though why support would not eventually be added, especially if users request it. It would be relatively easy to add it to the support library.

I appreciate the use of Bluetooth rather than an added-charge proprietary cable for uploading your dive log to a desktop PC (will it do so to a smart phone?), and I see it uses a custom NATO strap. I have never used such a strap, but I've seen NATO straps mentioned on Scuba Board with praise, I think considered an improvement over the straps that ship with some wrist dive computers.

Richard.

That being said, support for subsurface is in the domain of the project's lead developers (and the support library). I see no reason though why support would not eventually be added, especially if users request it. It would be relatively easy to add it to the support library.
Thanks Landon!!!!
If the device responds in some nice known way, I'm sure the Subsurface team can add support.
Thanks. Thanks. Thanks.

Yes, I should have expressed myself more clearly. What would be nice is if the subsurface / libdivecomputer developers can get the technical information they need (rather than having to reverse-engineer it) and possibly one or two sample DCs to work with.

im in for one. Should be a good backup to my perdix, and my GF can use it as her primary when she dives with me. will write my amateur impressions when I get it.

To all of you who have ordered a Secret Squirrel. Please share your reviews when you get the opportunity. I'm particularly interested in how the 3 presets line up with the e Shearwater presets for both 1st and repetitive dives

Thanks in advance

I'll be able to report after Xmas. My buddy will be borrowing my Perdix and has bought the stocking stuffer. He will be air limited so I'm not sure how low his NDL numbers will get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom