Fin break-in period?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The fins will never break in, they will break down first, in maybe a century.

It's gonna have to be about boot now, or your foot just isn't playing nice with our foot pocket

Flutter by default - I’ve been conditioned by the split fins. Frog was better - huge improvement from the TwinJets but I didn’t do it enough to tell if it made the pain better / worse.
Our fins REALLY aren't a good choice for flutter

Depending on the material your foot pocket is made of, you can change the shape to fit your foot.
I have a bit of a high arch also and had a set of Pathos footpockets that were a bit flat for my foot.
I dipped the pocket in boiling water for about 15 seconds and put in on my foot, over a thick sock. I then dipped my foot and pocket into cold water. It changed the shape and was much more comfortable.
After a year or so though, the pocket began to flatten out again. But it still fit better than the original.

Learn to frog kick. Not only should it solve your short term problem but it will be the basis of all the precise positioning kicks.

Yep that’s the plan (and one reason I got these) - I can frog kick and it went well when I’d do it but 10+ years of split fin conditioning is hard to break. Found myself flutter kicking whenever I stopped paying attention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom