New TG-6 Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Following the thread, primarily to hear more on strobe recommendations. I'm waffling between a S2000 or a Z330 to pair up with a recently purchased TG-6 package.

ha e used the S2000 for 10 years with three different cameras and love it.

This is my setup. TG6 and PT059 housing. Two Big Blue VL4200P video lights on swivel mounts.
DIY platform which glides like a wing underwater. I can also set the platform down on the sand or other things to get stable 4K videos.
For Macro video lights are better than a strobe in my opinion as I like to take 4K macro video as well as photos.

TG6 & BIG BLUE VL4200P.jpg

I took this video back in April of this year of a hermit crab checking out a potential new home. The focus goes out a couple of times but still a neat video. Also does anyone here use a tripod for underwater macro video and if so what one and how is it working out? This was with a TG-5, I am coveting the 6 though:wink:.

I took this video back in April of this year of a hermit crab checking out a potential new home. The focus goes out a couple of times but still a neat video. Also does anyone here use a tripod for underwater macro video and if so what one and how is it working out? This was with a TG-5, I am coveting the 6 though:wink:.

In the TG6 I only setup AF in normal focus mode.. I don't use it in Macro mode and that helps. Then when marine life moves it's easier for the camera to stay in focus.

That’s awesome! I’m also set up to try mine out as well week after next. Won’t get but one or two dives to try as Mrs. and I are doing our AOW training for most of the week, but I’ll sneak in some playtime one way or another!

5-ACAC8-C7-F988-4792-8987-092-BCF081-D47.jpg

Nice. I see the Pelican Air case in the background - I caved and bought one too. Just easier for travel and longer term storage. Enjoy!!!
photogear.jpg

Back
Top Bottom