Best dives in Indonesia - need to focus on a specific area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was really impressed diving Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan in Bali... tons of variety. They compare very favorably to other world class sites like in Palau or French Polynesia. Bali is also a great place when you’re not diving.

I was really impressed diving Nusa Penida and Nusa Lembongan in Bali... tons of variety. They compare very favorably to other world class sites like in Palau or French Polynesia. Bali is also a great place when you’re not diving.

Especially last September 20, 2019.

Screen Shot 2019-12-14 at 8.08.41 pm.png
@Dan may have descended a 'tad' faster then me, and perhaps a 'tad' deeper ... all within Rec limits naturally :wink:

Great video, can you remember how deep the Mola were @Dan ?

132' (40m) for about 5 minutes. :D

DM (Today) had a great strategy on how to dive the Blue Corner. 5 of us, including @Jay and @foob were told to dive shallow at about 65' (20m) along the edge of the wall on our left shoulder and follow Today, who were at about 100' (30m) in the blue, in search of Mola Mola. There were another group of 4 below us heading at the same direction. When I saw bannerfish, coming out of nowhere and start to swim along with me, I immediately look into the blue and saw Today banging on his tank and pointing to faint grey object, that look like Mola Mola, out in the blue. I then zoomed down to the depth along with the bannerfish. The other group below us didn't see them, kept going, missing all of the excitement. By the time I was there, I saw 4 Mola Molas being cleaned by bannerfish. :)

What a sight! What an experience! After we finished seeing them, we headed back to the shallow with still 1000 psi (75 bar) left in my tank. Thank you Today for the great dive! :D

Hi DAN

Wonderful video :acclaim: :thumb: you were very lucky :)

In free diving :cool: at Raja Ampat at 7:25 mantas here below (1080p)

Indonésie Kri n°1 2017 =>

Nice video!

So you see why I was there 7 times. :)

I'll be there again 4 weeks from now. :D

Back
Top Bottom